the 24,000 people were was in the night between Monday and Tuesday local time to be evacuated from an area near the philippine volcano Taal, which it is feared may erupt at any moment.
112 - 14. jan. 2020 - pm. 04:44 Rumbling volcano shuts down Philippine capital down.
the Outbreak, which is feared to lead to a tsunami, at the time of writing not taken place yet. Taal has, in turn, spyet large ash clouds up in the atmosphere, and has resulted in galore of the rare volcano-lightning, which several locals have had the good fortune to capture on video. the Watch the filming of the article .
Lightning occurs a little in the same way that lightning occurs in a thundercloud. It happens when the hot gases rising up through the vulkanskakten and meets the cold air, has Henning Andersen, who is vulkanekspert and volcanologist, formerly explained to Ekstra Bladet about the rare phenomenon, which, until a few years ago was still a mystery to scientists the world over.
- It is in the meeting between the gases and the cold air, to the electricity occurs, and therefore it is usually also in colder regions or in the higher altitudes, that we encounter this fascinating phenomenon.
the FACTS: A small and very hot-headed volcano
the Volcano Taal to the south of the Philippine capital, Manila, could erupt at any moment, it needs to be. Its tremors have already forced 24,000 people on the run.
learn more about the small, but very active volcano here:
* Taal is despite its small size, it is the second most active volcano in the Philippines. It has erupted more than 30 times in the course of the past 500 years. At the latest in 1977.
* In 1754, lasted a bout a half years, from may to december.
* The most deadly eruption took place in 1911 and killed almost 1500 people.
* In a second outbreak in 1965 lost 190 people lost their lives.
* Taal has shown signs of activity since the beginning of 2019.
* the Volcano is in a lake in Batangas province on the island of Luzon, the largest island in the Philippines.
* the Philippines is hit regularly by earthquakes. The country is located on the 40000 kilometers long so-called ildring, which is the term for the belt of volcanoes that are located along the asian and american stillehavskyster.
* Along the ring is triggered about 90 percent of all the world's earthquakes. They occur when a kontinentalplade moves in under a second.
Source: Reuters, CNNShow more Close
The expected eruption from Taal means, among other things, that schools and shops in the philippine capital Manila have been closed.
Authorities warn that an eruption could trigger a tsunami in the lake, the volcano is located in.
More than 24,000 people have been evacuated from the island of Luzon, home to the lake and the volcano.
This bride and groom did not intend to let the Taal destroy their big day. The vaægte, therefore, to be married with a askespyende volcano in the background. Video: Reuters via Ritzau Scanpix