on Wednesday cheered Jeppe Kofod.
Helle Thorning-Schmidt would be 'to give Denmark a strong role in a key area for the achievement of the UN's verdensmål', it sounded from a 'very proud' minister of foreign affairs.
the Occasion was Thorning's new role as chairman of a UN panel to combat tax evasion and tax havens.
But less than 24 hours later, the Ekstra Bladet can reveal that the former prime minister having directorships in two companies which have direct connections to the tax haven of Jersey. And she even have a stake in one.
the Danish policy - 30. jan. 2020 - pm. 13:43 Detection: the treasure hunter-Lisa the co-owner of the havens-company
And on Friday he has changed his tune so got a completely different sound from the minister for foreign affairs, who now stresses that Helle Thorning-Schmidt in no way represents the Danish government in its new position.
- What we have done from our side, is to facilitate contact between the united nations and Helle Thorning-Schmidt. She participates in the panel in his personal capacity and do not represent the Danish government. I would like to stress, says Jeppe Kofod to Extra Magazine in a brief telephone interview and therefore clear air to its former chairman.
- But when you ask for the documents sought in the case. So it must be up to the parties to relate to.
- But you have to "approve" the here designation. And now we can tell that she is sitting in companies linked to tax havens. It is surely not a particularly good way to tackle tax havens at the, to her, who must fight it, sitting there by itself?
Helle Thorning-Schmidt has not yet said a word about his new position publicly. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
- It is clear, there has been raised a number of questions. But it is however up to the parties to relate to them. Here we are not a party to the proceedings.
- But you are usually good to speak to you about tax havens. Why will you not say anything about the case? Is it because it is a partikammerat?
- No, I say, that when raised a number of issues, so it must be up to the parties to address the issues. We are not a party in the case.
- you Will now inform the UN on this matter?
- As I mentioned earlier, we have passed a contact. But we do not have any official role in the further process. It is a a relationship between the two parties.
- Troels Ravn, your skatteordfører, call frank Helle Thorning-Schmidt is a strong card. Do you think she is a strong card to send more?
- There is no doubt that Lisa is a skilled leader with a large network. But the issues now being raised, it must take up with the parties, i.e. the united nations. And now I have to run, says Jeppe Kofod and calling after an interview of three minutes and 12 seconds.
the Extra Leaf has the past two days in vain tried to get hold of Helle Thorning-Schmidt through multiple channels, including the Ministry of foreign affairs, the Social democrats and Safelane Global, there is one company, which she co-owns and sits on the board of.
the Danish policy - 31. jan. 2020 - pm. 10:44 S defender of the tax Haven: A strong map