Tommy key areas of acknowledges to have broken the terrorism act. But he believes he should go free.
the Law is obviously made to hit the ICE warriors. But there have only been two cases in the three years it has existed. And we were both with the YPG. On the coalition side. On the Danish side, " says Tommy key areas for Extra Leaf in the days leading up to, that he must serve his sentence.
He is judged according to a law, which is set in the world to combat terrorism. It is he, because he has been in the areas of Syria, according to the terrorparagraffen was illegal to be in.
See the first part of Tommy Mørcks story of the fight against ICE. Video: Stine Tidsvilde
Paradoxically, he was in Syria to fight Islamic State along with kurdish militia YPG.
Justice minister Nick Hækkerup (S), acknowledges that the law is not perfect.
- But in principle it's all here, who takes the weapon in hand to make the society of. It makes either the police or the Defense. It does all sorts of other not.
Tommy Mørcks case has Nick Hækkerups attention. Photo: Stine Tidsvilde
- For me it is important, that if you live in a democracy, society has the monopoly on exercising violence. It must and can private not, he punches real.
See the second part of Tommy Mørcks story of the fight against ICE. Video: Stine Tidsvilde
Tommy key areas ended with a sentence of six months ' unconditional imprisonment.
His defense lawyer, Bear Stories, believes that there is a misunderstanding, when Tommy key areas are harvested by a law, which is set in the world in order to strengthen the fight against terrorism.
See the third part of the Tommy Mørcks story of the fight against ICE. Video: Stine Tidsvilde
- He should not have a prison sentence. He should have a medal around the neck. For he has in fact contributed to the ICE succumbed and lost, and thereby does not pose the same threat today that they would otherwise have done, he says.
It is more like an intervention than a defence of human rights, when Thomas key areas of get a prison sentence, believes defense attorney Bear Stories. Photo: Stine Tidsvilde
Nick Hækkerup stick in his point of view, despite the criticism.
- The soldiers that we send out, get fortunately also medals for all the effort on Denmark's behalf.
- If Denmark is to participate in armed conflict, use of weapons and waging war, it must not be individuals who do it. It is not in the people's democratic right to go around and shoot people, " he says.
Tommy Mørcks history
Tommy key areas are serving right now his judgment of six months in prison. He is judged according to the Danish terrorist legislation.
It is he, because he went in the war against the Islamic State in Syria in 2016 and 2017.
In Syria, he broke the part of the act, which provides that, where it is prohibited to enter and reside without a permit from the Danish police.
the Expansion of the terrorism act was brought into the world in september 2016 in order to strengthen the fight against terrorism by making it easier to punish fremmedkrigere.
But the law has not affected any fremmedkrigere.
Tommy key areas of do not believe he should be punished for the fight against Islamic State in Syria, where he put life and limb at stake.
Discover his storyShow more Close
the defence lawyer is to file a complaint to The European Court of human rights decision in the case. He believes that the verdict is an interference in the Tommy Mørcks democratic rights.
- We risk with our terrorist legislation to topple over in the wrong trench and make far greater interventions in our democratic rights, than even the most effective terrorist ever could, he says.
Tommy key areas in front of the Supreme court before his sentence of six months was established. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
Nick Hækkerup believes that it is an interesting discussion, Bear Stories point to. But he disagrees.
- It is the discussion between, we like to punish criminals effectively, but also want to let people be in peace. And I would like to have, that we effectively punish criminals.
See the fourth part of the Tommy Mørcks story of the fight against ICE. Video: Stine Tidsvilde
Tommy key areas has been imprisoned in Nørre Snede Prison since 23. september.
Søren Pind: We knew the risks
It was during VLAK-government, with the former Left-politician Søren Pind as minister of justice, to the law on zoneforbud was carried out.
- With the ban, we will continue the hard line against terror, he said at the time.
Three years later, the law has not been convicted of any who have fought on a terrorgruppes page.
With a few years distance from the ministerposten, Søren Pind, however, not changed my mind about zoneforbuddet, even though there has not been any ICE warriors in the trap, and the law has hit a person as Tommy key areas.
'We were aware of the risk at the time. There is nothing new', he writes to Ekstra Bladet.
'you Think not, that it is a problem that the Danish citizens' rights be restricted because of a law that is targeted IS fighters?'
'No, we were aware of it at the time. It was a manifestation of a clear majority in Parliament. Therefore my advice then: don't take down with weapons in hand", concludes Søren Pind sms of the interview.