The first of Denmark 27 new fighter aircraft will be cheaper than first thought.
It is the message from the manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, according to the u.s. våbengigant have concluded an agreement on price reduction with the u.s. department of defense.
the price cut is at 12,8 percent, and according to Lockheed Martin has been possible as a result of "smart acquisitions" and a general improvement of the efficiency of production.
in the case Of Denmark, this means that the first seven flights will be cheaper than agreed.
And I am the minister of defence Trine Team (S).
- I am of course glad that we have got clarity over the price of the first Danish fighter aircraft and, not least, that it has been lower than assumed.
- When it is said, alter the fundamental not much on the overall economy in the entire kampflyprogrammet, where there also have been spending, which has drawn the other way, she says in a written comment to the news agency Ritzau.
the Minister refers here among other things, to the extra cost of a required relocation of the plant from 2023 to house the new aircraft at Air base Skrydstrup.
Therefore rejects the Trine Team, the question whether the lower price gives rise to once again consider, whether Denmark should buy more than the 27 aircraft.
- Currently, there are no concrete discussions to purchase more aircraft, says Trine Team.
FACTS: the New fighter aircraft comes drypvis over six years
A new agreement between the u.s. department of defense and våbenproducenten Lockheed Martin means that the price of the F-35-kampflyene be put down.
For Denmark, this means the a fall in prices in the first seven aircraft to be delivered, respectively, in 2021 and 2022.
the drop in prices will probably also come to apply to the next flight, as Denmark buy, then the lower price is driven by that Lockheed Martin has been the general production costs down.
set aside a good 16 billion dollars to acquire the 27 Danish F-35's. Which is just over 13 billion allocated to the purchase of the aircraft itself, as well as four simulators, while the remaining three billion is for supporting equipment, and other gear.
In total, it has allocated about 57 billion Danish kroner for the procurement and operation of the 27 kmmapfly up to the year 2049.
Here follows the schedule of when each aircraft is provided:
* 2021: The first four of the new aircraft are delivered. It happens at the Luke Air Force Base in Arizona, the UNITED states, where a Danish pilot for the first time get the opportunity to fly an F-35 aircraft.
* 2022: Three aircraft delivered. (Denmark has chosen to postpone the delivery of three aircraft)
* 2023: Ten aircraft are delivered.
* 2024: Four aircraft delivered
* 2025: Three aircraft delivered.
* 2026: The remaining three F-35 aircraft delivered.
* Before the procurement of the last six aircraft made the status. The circle of political parties may decide to buy fewer aircraft, if the first 21 aircraft are not delivered in a timely manner and at the expected price.
* Seven of the planes to be more or less permanently at Luke Air Force Base for training and education.
Sources: the ministry of Defence.Show more Close