last week came the sad news that Jacob Friis' three-year-old daughter is suffering from leukemia.
It got AaB coach to pull the plug for a while to be with his daughter.
Now nordjydernes coach back on the sidelines for awhile in order to handle the cases when AaB takes on FC Midtjylland.
- It has been an employer who has had full understanding. It is indispensable. It fills one with warmth in a cold time, where you need to stand together, said Friis to the Discovery, immediately prior to the showdown against FC Midtjylland.
the Daughter's illness has kept Jacob Friis from trænersædet ago the sad news came out. Photo: Jens Dresling/Ritzau Scanpix
Also, the AaB players have been affected by the sad news.
- AaB is a big part of him, so it means enough much for him to be back, said Lucas Andersen shortly after, he got to know that the Friis are back.
- It is amazing that there has come calm on and he has a little profit again on top of the tragic news, added AaB captain.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Lucas Andersen and the rest of AaB-the troops have been affected by head coach Jacob Friis' daughter's illness. Photo: Henning Bagger/Ritzau Scanpix
Jacob Friis appreciate to be back to his old club.
- It is a decision I have taken along with the family. We have talked a lot about how you can get a little air and get the batteries charged up again. We made the final decision Saturday, told the Friis.
- We are there for our daughter 24/7, but it's nice for me also to get outside of the hospital's four walls, he added.
See also: super League-træners great sorrow: - Thank you for the support
See also: AaB-captain after wild week: - It has been brutally
See also: Illness in the family keeps the AaB coach out indefinitely