The energy rehabilitation of the home, a commitment to the sustainability of the planet

More and more people are aware of the importance of sustainability and energy efficiency in reducing the carbon footprint, curbing climate change and ensuring the survival of our planet for future generations.

NewsEditor
NewsEditor
12 September 2022 Monday 01:50
9 Reads
The energy rehabilitation of the home, a commitment to the sustainability of the planet

More and more people are aware of the importance of sustainability and energy efficiency in reducing the carbon footprint, curbing climate change and ensuring the survival of our planet for future generations. For this to be really possible, we must all do everything in our power, starting with essential issues in daily life, such as optimizing the energy in our homes.

Currently, around 50% of the buildings in the Spanish residential stock are already over 40 years old. In addition, a large part of them are energy inefficient (85% of homes have E, F and G ratings) and are not very accessible (40% of buildings with 4 floors or more do not have a lift).

This is, without a doubt, an ideal moment for the communities of owners and professionals who have high investment needs to decide to undertake a rehabilitation, since they can now access the aid of the Next Generation funds (NGEU) that are part of of the recovery plan of the European Union, promoted after the crisis derived from the appearance of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Long-term Strategy for energy rehabilitation in the building sector in Spain, drawn up by the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda, has set the energy improvement of 1.2 million homes as a goal. The Government's objective is that, by the year 2050, it will have already been possible to reduce the final energy consumption of the building sector by 36.6%, compared to the figures that we currently handle.

To successfully undertake this type of update, it is essential to have an ally committed to sustainability such as Deutsche Bank, which has 25 years of experience financing rehabilitation projects (facades, roofs, installation of solar panels or enclosures), always putting Focus on saving and energy efficiency.

50% of the works that the entity finances through the specialized solution Avanza Credit are dedicated to improving the accessibility of buildings and communities of owners, thanks to the installation of elevators and access ramps. The other half belongs to works aimed at increasing energy efficiency. Of the latter, 90% correspond to the insulation of facades and the remaining 10% to the replacement of coal boilers and the installation of photovoltaic panels for self-consumption.

With the so-called Footprint 0 Loan, the objective of the professionals at Avanza Credit is to make a "tailor-made suit" for each of the prescribers and projects, incorporating the option to access financing of 100% of the cost and offering a response in a maximum of 48 hours.

Deutsche Bank also ensures flexibility in NGEU projects, adapting to the periods and needs of each community of owners, offering payment facilities of up to 15 years and a grace period that can be extended up to 24 months, in order to be able to deal with the costs of the works during their execution until the subsidy is received.

For Deutsche Bank, it is not enough to pay the loan into the recipient's account. You also need to be on your side before, during, and after rehab.

For this reason, Avanza Credit has experts who are in charge of advising and accompanying the communities of owners throughout the entire process, from the preparation of the rehabilitation projects, to the execution of the works and their financing.

In addition to involvement in sustainability, another fundamental element for Deutsche Bank is total transparency, guaranteeing the publication and communication of all information in a clear and understandable way.

The "turnkey" contract modality (the one in which communication is reduced to two fundamental agents, the bank and the client, for the convenience of the latter) allows the professionals of Avanza Credit to take care of the interaction with rehabilitation companies, property managers, architects and Public Administrations.

The advantages of undertaking rehabilitation are now clear. In addition to the important framework of public, local, regional, state and European aid, there are tax deductions and reductions of some taxes such as the IBI. To all this we must add the revaluation of the property once the work is completed, and, of course, the positive environmental impact and the contribution to improving the quality of life of people, as well as the image of neighborhoods and cities.

Comments

Warning!

You have to login for comment. If you are not a member? Register now.

Login Sign Up