* The author is part of the community of readers of La Vanguardia
Pujalt is a small town in Alta Segarra with a lot of charm. Located in the region of Anoia, it includes the towns of Astor, Conill, Guàrdia Pilosa, Pujalt and Vilamajor, with just over 200 inhabitants. It combines its medieval vestiges with the modern wind farm, as we see in this report in Las Fotos de los Lectores de La Vanguardia.
Pujalt and its population centers preserve wall portals, covered passages, Romanesque and Gothic churches, steep streets and remains of castles from medieval times.
From our recent history we find important vestiges of the Popular Army Training Camp of 1938, during the Spanish Civil War.
The Pujalt castle was part of the domains of the county of Cerdanya, its lords being the Cervera family. In 1251 the territory passed into the hands of King Jaume I of Aragon. In 1375 the castle became the possession of the Cardona family, who retained control until the end of the manors. To give us an idea, the town of Guàrdia Pilosa appears already mentioned in documents from 1022.
The parish church of Sant Andreu, in the center of Pujalt, is documented at the end of the 11th century. It is a rather modified late Romanesque building. The bell tower was built in 1871.
Only pieces of walls remain of the Pujalt castle, it crowned the 773-meter-high mountain. For its part, the Gothic chapel of the Purísima Concepción, built from 1399, is located at the entrance of the town next to the wall.
The church of Sant Vicenç, in the center of Conill, built at the beginning of the 17th century, is an elongated building with a small bell tower at one end.
The church of Santa Magdalena del Astor, of Romanesque origin (documented from the year 1157), was renovated in the year 1520. Its voussoir portal, the archivolt and a small belfry bell tower stand out.
The Romanesque church of Sant Joan de Vilamajor, documented in 1157, consists of a single enlarged nave with a semicircular apse.
For its part, the Pujalt wind farm has 21 wind turbines with a power of 2,000 kW and a diameter of 90 meters. The total rated power is 42,000 kW.