MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): - Now the day came, and now I feel for the first time in many years, that I am the father, said a subdued and pensive Piotr Wozniacki after his daughter's last battle.
- When we come home to the hotel, we are not talking more about the tennis. We must not analyse anything.
- It will be completely different. It is the first time in 22 years.
- Yes, I feel a relief and a liberation.
He had a hard time to explain the many emotions that roared inside of him.
- running many things around at once. I am very glad that the time has come, where Caroline has played his last ball.
- of Course I'm not happy that she has lost the last match of the day, but it is impossible to win it all, and Caroline has been thinking too much in the matches she has played. She had too heavy a mental load with the to play free.
Wozniacki moved to tears: of Course I had to finish with a 3-sets match. Video: Discovery Networks Denmark
- So I have seen that currently was on the way, he said, and nodded a little before him.
- Right now I'm as a father incredibly happy, that I am only going to be the father, for it has been an incredibly hard work. It is a tough position to be a father and coach. But I have helped my child in all these years, and all of a sudden came the results then.
- There have been a lot of pressure from the media and experts and also from the sponsors.
- I feel that I still have a heavy luggage on the back, and I would like to tell the parents, who are considering the same trip, what are the pluses and minuses. It is an incredible stress factor.
- But of course there were also many amazing situations, said finally with a smile from the grand slam-winning coach, Piotr Wozniacki, who now simply must be the father.
See also: Game over, Caroline: his Career is over
See also: Big shock: Serena sent out of the chinese
Patrik Wozniacki direct from Melbourne: It is a little strange. Video: Discovery Networks Denmark