The past six years of Formula 1 world champions Mercedes, are ready with the big checkbook to ensure a contract-extension with their british superstar Lewis Hamilton.
It beat the team head Toto Wolff firm, as well as the team presented its 2020-colours in London.
- You have to respect the fact that a sports star at the peak of his abilities and careers have a limited life, where he is able to serve this kind of 'super money', said Mercedes boss at his press conference, according to the PA.
- We respect it and we respect what Lewis contributes to the Mercedes both on and off the field. At the same show, Lewis always respected, that we are the Mercedes, and there are certain financial realities that are important to us.
- the Money has never been a striking point between us; it was more about freedom and his projects, says Wolff.
Several british media - including The Sun - wonder of a new three-year contract for this also included now 35-year-old world champion with an annual salary of up to a half a billion dollars (60 million pounds) depending on bonuses. Hamilton's current contract was to be up to 350 million worth a year.
team boss Toto Wolff - here in the company of bestyrelsformanden for the new Mercedes-sponsor Ineos - resumes contract negotiations with Lewis Hamilton before vintertest. He expects it to be a formsag. Photo credit: Tolga Akmen/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
the Parties have not spoken together since before Mercedes' christmas party, but will resume the negotiations, when they see each other before the coming vintertest in Barcelona.
After six constructor championships in a row and five kørertitler to Hamilton is the extension of a formsag. Not at least after rivals Ferrari and Red Bull over the winter break have the future in place with long-term contracts to, respectively, Charles Leclerc and Max Verstappen.
- I know that Lewis wants to be in the fastest car, so there is a common goal. It is an obvious partnership, says Toto Wolff.
Formula 1 - 10. feb. 2020 - pm. 09:29 Grosjean takes the credit: - Had I not said anything...
Formula 1 - 7. feb. 2020 - pm. 06:22 Huge loss for Kevin: - It is a bit of a mavepuster
the Launch of Mercedes-colors also featured a welcome to a new five-year collaboration with Ineos; the british chemical company which is also storsponsor in cycling as a sport.
Mercedes team head took the opportunity to establish that even though parent company Daimler is facing the front to fire up to 15,000 workers, the German automobile giant has no plans to withdraw from Formula 1.
- We are here in the long run. Formula 1 is a great marketingsplatform for our brand. This is what we do. We build race cars, and we build gadebiler. F1 is the ultimate platform for hybrid technology, said Wolff, according to Autosport.
This is Mercedes' 2019-racer, but with the team the 2020 colors. Ineos-the branding is seen around the air intake above the driver. The single red star to honor the deceased Niki Lauda is still on the car. Photo credit: Tolga Akmen/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
Formula 1 - 17. jan. 2020 - pm. 08:43 the self-Confidence of order: - I will be a machine in years
See also: Stop the rumors: Landing the big deal
Rygtehistorier about a potential Mercedes-exit, as part of a larger Daimler-austerity plan, received a broadside on the road.
F1 has always been the leading provider of headlines over the winter break. Only by the lack of race results and controversies from the field, selling a shock-heading always. With this in mind, it amazes me always, that when one or another simpleton writing something on a web page, so it gets picked up by the other. It was a total vrøvlehistorie, and it was put in place by Daimler's CEO the following day, says Wolff.
Sports and Games Reshuffle lurk: Orkanvarsel in Formula 1
Sports and Games He has all of the data: Here Kevin improve themselves.
Sports and Games Kamikaze-tips before the F1 start: How are the teams 2020-the form