the 'wheel of fortune' is back with the usual tv-charmer Mikkel Kryger as the supporting host of TV2 Charlie.
As a female counterpart to adorn the Kanya Natasja Rørbech role as 'Kategorina', with the rocking hips vimser past all the glowing bogstavkasser that the participants in the program guesses a letter correctly. Like we all know it.
Since 1988, four different men - among other things, Michael Meyerheim and Bengt Burg disputes the role of the enterprising host, who controlled the competition in the program.
See also: New TV2-host: - I see my family in the evening
On the way leads Mikkel Kryger the baton, but in a time where TV2 has challenged the norms and, for example, made two men dance together in 'dancing with the stars', one might be tempted to ask whether værtsrollerne in the 'wheel of fortune' is not needed for a ligestillingsvenlig boost? Or what?
To the editor Mads Volck played this consideration is not factored in during the casting:
- All the options are up in the air, when we start such a process. There are no ways locked. Mikkel Kryger would like to continue as host on the program, and he also has the experience to it. Since we then had to find the other host, we went after one, who had good chemistry with him - and that had Kanya. We knew that she was skilled and competent.
But considered not at all, 'Kategorina'-the role could easily be performed by a man?
- of Course we did. But we thought it gave the best balance in the program to have both sexes represented. So when Mikkel was ready to run again, we had no men in the game. Kanya has both experience of tv and been to organise before, so she was the obvious candidate. Here, it was the chemistry between the two, which was the most important.
See also: Tv host surprises: I become a father
Then In the called not men for casting?
- We had not men in the game, no.
- We thought that the another female host gave the best balance in the program. In this way it is also representative of the population, there is both a female and male host. In the 'dancing with the stars' we use on TV2 two female hosts, because we have assessed that it makes the most sense for the program.
Could it ever be imagined that it was a man, who turned bogstavkasserne and a woman, who stood together with the participants at the wheel?
- we are not dismissive of.
now, If Mikkel Kryger was sent on maternity leave, and had to find his temporary replacement, would a woman in this case, it come into consideration?
- Yes, it could well be that it was Kanya, which was used in the context. Now you are, after all, very fond of hypothetical questions, but if I have to answer the hypothetical, then it would be no problem to f.ex. use her.
Neither Mikkel Kryger or Kanya Natasja Rørbech want to comment on the roles of the sexes in the 'wheel of fortune', but says both that they are happy to work together on the program.