The yellow bus from the Thykjær tourist traffic had taken its place behind the grandstand in Farum, and all players from both FC Nordsjælland and AC Horsens were well in time to dress and make themselves ready to warm up to sæsonpremieren, as their fighting spirit in an instant was blown away.
Today's judge, Mikkel Saves explained shortly after Ekstra Bladet why.
- an hour and a Half before kick off, we are out to assess the trajectory and stadionforhold. We get a message from FC north Zealand's security chief about that there are some signs up in the top of the grandstand, which is about to secede from the screws, so they are afraid for the safety of spectators, players and all other players around the battle.
- Then we can just not play. We stand completely up on it. Safety first. It will always be, says Mikkel Saves.
Today's match #FCNACH is unfortunately canceled due to. the wind conditions in Farum. It is sikkerhedschefens and the judge's assessment that there is a risk that the signs may come loose during strong gusts, and, therefore, can the match not be completed by the account of the players and the audience. #sldk— FC Nordsjælland (@FCNordsjaelland) February 16, 2020
There was obviously respect for the decision in both camps, but the mood was, in turn, gone with the wind.
- It is pisseærgerligt, because we have worked towards sæsonpremieren long. But sometimes you have to just put safety first, it sounded with a shrug from the 19-year-old midtbaneprofil, Mikkel Damsgaard.
Along with teammates from the FCN, he is more than keen to do it, as the club has managed so many times before, namely in the spring to ensure a match in unique in scandinavia because the endgame.
- It is a really exciting spring, where we must hunt for the Top 6 and think a lot on it. So we have pleased us very much to get started and set up to lay out with three points today.
the Talented Mikkel Damsgaard was very keen to launch its last halvsæson for the club. Photo: Jens Dresling
For Mikkel Damsgaard has the spring got a very special meaning after the news of his summer switch to the Italian Sampdoria.
- It is clear, for FCN has meant a lot to me, so I would really like to finish well with a good half of the year.
Horsens head coach Bo Henriksen, was no less vexed.
- I am insanely disappointed and annoyed with it. You never know with the weather in February, but that fight was cancelled because of the danger, that we had not seen coming. The players started to laugh as I said it to them. They thought it was a joke, he said to Viasat, before he hopped in the car.
- They are wildly disappointed. We have prepared meticulously for this fight for six weeks, and then we have to wait one more week to get started. It is pisseirriterende, he says – also the address to forårsprogrammet now becomes even more compressed.
A problems, as also defender Michael Lumb addressed the opposite ritzau:
- It will be a compressed program, we also have a pokalkamp against Silkeborg, we must thinking, so it is a pity that we could not carry out the fight against FC Nordsjælland.
An empty stadium in Perth should have been the setting for a special forces arrive, but for security reasons had to fight afblæses. Photo: Niels Christian memory, be/ Ritzau Scanpix
See also: Tv service went in the black: 'now Came into the fray'
See also: Superliga-club rejects: - We can always make conspiracy theories
See also: Drømmedebut for the wreck attacker
See also: AGF exposes rivalopgøret - "the pitch is boggy"