After each timekeeping it is very easy to read from Haas-the drivers ' body language, who is in the walk with the best of the weekend.
Hjemmebanegrandprixet in the UNITED states was no difference.
Kevin Magnussen was witty and a great smile with a 12. place to have been roughly the maximum out of VF19’eren on the Circuit of the Americas.
Romain Grosjean on the other hand was rather sad on top of another kvalifikationsnederlag and a season in which Haas drivers with three races again have scored the same number of points as their kørernummer.
Button as well when you are running with the number eight and the colleague with the number 20.
- at the moment it is just important to focus on the next year. Kevin has had over the years. Perhaps he had a better understanding of this year's cars and has worked better with his driving style, the sounds, the analysis from Romain Grosjean after his 15. space.
He still had not put Friday's crash behind him.
- I lost the car for no reason. Downforcen behind it just disappeared. No one can explain it. You can't drive with a car, you don't trust, he says.
I said to the engineers that I travel a statue, if you can explain what happened. If I run full throttle through turn four and crash. Fair enough, I tried. Shit happens. I am paid to drive to the border. But when you do the same or actually a little less than the round before, and you saw the result, it is difficult to understand, he says.
Romain Grosjean was pretty disappointed after qualifying. Only during the first training, he could really like the car. Photo: Jerome Miron/Ritzau Scanpix
Kevin Magnussen got in the same way magical to lose all downforce. Actually the dane never tried anything like this.
The sort can happen, he says.
And can not restrain themselves in order to stick it to his colleague.
- well, I have hit the wall before, but the problem was about 40 centimetres from the steering wheel.
- I have no reason not to smile. I got the best out of the car today, says Kevin Magnussen. Photo: Jerome Miron/Ritzau Scanpix
team head Günther Steiner was a little more diplomatic in his interpretation:
- This car is so temperamental. Little differences in temperature or wind, and it changes. It is so unstable.
After Friday's crash and Saturday's final training desired Romain Grosjean a little more downforce at the rear, so he changed to another and older bagvinge. It turned out probably not to be the best decision, for it costs him a lot of time in the long sides, so the expectation for the race was not great.
In the other side of the garage there was more optimism, even if Haas go blindly into the race. Because Grosjean crashed during the second training, they have no data on the medium-covered, and Kevin Magnussen spent the entire session on the aerodynamic work to the 2020 car.
Sports and Games Debriefing from Mexico: Steiner's cunning plan
the Hope is to be able to sniff for points and hopefully get back on the board.
- I would rather start 12 than the tier, but we get to see. For it is in the dirty track, which is pretty dirty here. It is not good, but there is a free tire choice, and we are trying to get the best out of it. We can only hope that we can get them to work. We have not at all been running on medium, and only on the hard tires, when we tested the other car, he says.
UNITED states Grand Prix starts at 20.10 local time.
Warm up for Sunday's Grand Prix with highlights from qualifying. Video: Reuters via Ritzau Scanpix.
Formula 1 - 2. nov. 2019 - at. 23:11 - Good work, Kevin: Elevating for the dane
See also: Drengerøvene unleashed: - I was sure we would run
See also: Here are the Formula 1-the dane, you are unlikely to have heard of
See also: Thank you for the adventure, Kevin