Solar and other resources under the microscope. It is something of the recipe, when the Ministry of foreign affairs should be actively involved in order to create a green transition in the whole world.
It tells the foreign minister of the Jeppe Kofod (S).
For this purpose, the foreign minister appointed klimafrontløbere at 15 embassies around the world. They get to the task of promoting green Danish solutions in the country.
- We are working to make embassies around the world, green and energy efficient by putting solar cells up and look at the resource and energy consumption, says Jeppe Kofod.
the Eeas must take the lead by itself to save its CO2 emissions.
- There is no doubt that our ambition is to be in the top of the green area, also when it comes to our own way of doing eeas on.
- It is also about looking at how we use resources, and how we can be more sustainable in the operation, says Jeppe Kofod.
However, not all areas in the Ministry of foreign affairs, which can be made greener, points out the minister.
- I am going to travel a lot as foreign minister, and it is a paradox.
- If I am to promote green solutions, I have to meet with people around. It means that I'm a part. And it comes I also for the future, he says.
It is the embassies in Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Berlin, Hanoi, Jakarta, Mexico, Nairobi, New Delhi, Paris, Pretoria, Seoul, Tokyo, Washington, the united nations mission NEW and the EU-representation in Brussels, which is designated as klimafrontløbere.