It is hardly gone many noses over, that it today can be an expensive pleasure to drive a car and talk on the cell phone at the same time. But it is not only drivers who need to keep hands on the steering wheel.
Also cyclists and people running on the elløbehjul, the risk of a fine, if the writing messages, checking Instagram, calling home or checking the GPS.
But how much is the fine?
Transport minister Benny Engelbreht (S) seems to be little doubt.
See also: Now cost this offense a clip in the map
On the Transportministeriets website said Engelbrecht Tuesday morning at 8 o'clock the following:
- Inattention is a major cause of road accidents, and therefore should, and must, we do not use the mobile phone or other devices, when we drive the car.
- (...) for The same reason, you also get a fine of 700 dollars, if you as a cyclist or driver of the motorized scooters talking in hand-held mobile phone while driving.
But so far the fine for driving with a handheld mobile phone while bikes, been on 1000 crowns. It is apparent from Cyklistforbundets website.
So what is up and down? Release the man with the new rules even cheaper, if you get a penalty on the bike?
the Extra Leaf has been calling to the ministry of Transport to become smarter.
- On the ministry's website, it appears that you now get a fine of 700 dollars, if you 'as the cyclist or the driver of the motorized scooters talking in hand-held mobile phone while driving'. But the former has the fine been on 1000 crowns. Can it fit in?
- It is an error, is the answer prompt from the ministry's press officer.
- So the minister of Transport knows very well that he does not get a fine of 700 dollars, but 1000 dollars?
- Yes, it is us who have made a mistake, tell it.
After the Extra the Magazine's inquiry is Benny Engelbrecht's quote has been changed on the ministry's website, so the minister now is familiar with the applicable rules.
Transport minister was quick on the Twitter keys in the morning. Here chirping about the new rules.
- From today, it costs in addition to fine of a cut in the licence, for example, if you are talking in the hand-held phone, write messages, use tablets, sets the hand-held gps, or otherwise using handheld communication devices while driving, he wrote, and added:
- Remember that the prohibition against using hand-held mobile phone and other communication devices applies to all drivers of vehicles; including cyclists and drivers of motorized scooters.
It got more Twitter users to wonder. The new rules, you now also get a cut in the licence to talk on the phone on the bike?, wondered why more care.
- No, it only applies to drivers, stresses Transporministeriets press officer to Ekstra Bladet.
in Addition to mobile phones include the prohibition also tablets, GPS's, computers, smartwatches and, the walkie talkies, it appears from the bill that was passed in the Parliament in december 2018.
At 7 on Tuesday morning gave The Police for the first time a cut in the licence and a fine of 1500 dollars in order to use a handheld mobile while driving. In addition got a fine of 1500 Danish kroner and 500 kroner to Offerfonden.
The police on Twitter.
At 7 in the morning, we gave out for the first time a cut in the licence and a fine of 1.500 dkk plus 500 € for the Offerfonden to use a handheld mobile while driving. Remember: New rules in force from today. Now it costs both cut and fine #politidk #sikkertrafik— Funen Police (@FynsPoliti) September 10, 2019