Democrat Joe Biden receives criticism up to Tuesday's primaries in New Hampshire, where he is under pressure to get a good result, after that he was only number four in Iowa.
In the run-up to elections in New Hampshire have Biden, in particular, attacked his young rival Pete Buttigieg by comparing its own experience as the USA's former vice president with Buttigiegs experience as mayor in the relatively small town of South Bend.
In a valgvideo, which has seen four million times on Twitter, claiming Biden, to Buttigieg as the mayor got fired a black police chief and also forced a black fire chief for a give up his post.
In a subsequent television interview with ABC's Biden been asked whether he considers Buttigieg to be racist.
- No, I merely point out that he is not able to create unity and understanding, says Biden, while Buttigiegs reporters saying that Biden works penetrated in the election campaign.
Biden even came out for harm to say at a valgmøde in New Hampshire that "I got a mavepuster in Iowa, and I'll probably here". His opinion from the pulpit was disheartening for his followers, who hope that he will make a comeback.
Biden has long been the number one among the democratic presidential candidates. But he lost in Iowa to Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
In New Hamphsire is Biden in the measurements with RealClearPolitics on Monday to get a fourth again.
Prior to the election in New Hampshire have Biden also made bad headlines for himself, when he called a young woman for "lying dog-faced pony soldier" during a valgmøde.
Roughly translated is the sentence a patronizing statements about privates in the army, which, however, can be thought to be humorous.
biden's press spokesman, Remi Yamamoto, says that the reply was meant as a joke.
– It is from a John Wayne movie, and he has said it many times in the past, the spokesman said.
Many Twitter users believe that the reply was not funny.
biden's attempt at a joke came after the 21-year-old student Madison Moore running him if he could explain why he fared so poorly in Iowa.
– It is a good question, " replied Biden, in which he asked the woman whether she herself had been at vælgermøder (caucus). She nodded in the affirmative.
- No, you don't. You are a "lying, dog-faced pony soldier," said Biden, triggered a degree of unease and wonder in the hall.
The 21-year-old woman says to the american media, that she respects the former vice president.
- But he has done it really bad in this election campaign. He couldn't answer a single question from an ordinary student like me, she says.