Henrik Chievitz and his jewish wife, Ella Chievitz, got a terrible shock on Saturday morning.
In the course of the night we had been put a sticker on their mailbox. The mark was shaped like a jødestjerne and had the word 'Jude' written in the middle.
Mark had been put up the night of Saturday, which is the 81 anniversary of the Kristallnacht, in which thousands of shops and synagogues in Germany were destroyed and burned down. 91 jews were killed on Kristallnacht.
" It was very, very intense thing to wake up to. It was the neighbor, who came and knocked on the door this morning. I could see that there was something wrong, for she looked very sad out.
- She asked if we had seen our mailbox, but we did not. Then she told that there was a jødestjerne on it, which she could recognize from the 30's, tells Henrik Chievitz.
He went subsequently out to see the sticker and to take pictures.
I was terribly upset and angry. I went in to pick up my wife, and it hit her really hard.
- Why do you think they went specifically after you?
- My wife is a jew, Israeli with dual citizenship. And we're both in the associations. I sit as chairman of the Danish-Israeli association, where Ella is member of the supervisory board. So we have written letters to the editor, and we participate gladly in the debates.
however, This is far over the limit of what they will be.
- It is, I think, is sad in Denmark in the year 2019, where we have freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and freedom of religion. I can be enough so disagree with many people, but I'm always ready to stand by my opinions and have the debate.
- But here, I think, is cowardly. It is not just one that is gone randomly over. He has organized it. It is not a sticker, you can find all sorts of places, and they have set it up in the dead of night.
- The here enter into our private borders. The home must be safe to be in. Therefore, hit it extra hard.
Henrik Chievitz made a posting on Facebook, which in a short time has been shared many times. There are also a lot of comments where people are very supportive. Among other folketingspolitikeren Lars Aslan Rasmussen has commented on the advertisement.
- We have gotten so many positive feedback, and it warms my heart very much. You feel stricken, isolated and alone in such a situation, and it warms.
the Couple informs that the matter is reported to the police.
- I can confirm that we have received a review.
- made a study on it, so it is something we are working on with, say vagtchef at the Middle - and Vestjyllands Police Anders Olesen.
Vagtchefen informs, moreover, that there is no immediate come any reviews from other people in the area who have experienced the same.