Anders Lund Madsen was ready in the saliva, before he went out at around the 6000 mile voyage from Lanzarote to Saint Martin in the Caribbean in the television program 'Across the Atlantic'.
In an interview with the news agency Ritzau said he:
I would wildly like to see, how the Milky way looks like when there is light pollution everywhere. I have a hope that you can see it. I have dreamed about for as long as I can remember.
Danish celebrity - 15. mar. 2020 - pm. 09:43 Kendiskok ten days in 'hell'
En Ekstra Bladet meets the tv personality prior to the program, which is set to premiere 22. march, he says, that the mission was successful.
- Yes, and thank you for asking. The as I already the first evening, because there was a new moon, and I had fortunately the night shift. I had not expected to see it so quickly. It was the goal of the trip. It was amazing, I thought a little, it was a photo-fix, " says Anders Lund Madsen.
The romantiserende performance he had in the head, was not quite as planned.
- There was one fly in the ointment in the sense that you couldn't turn off the lanterns on board, and there is indeed much light in such a lantern, when there is no other. Then they could foreclose, but I saw the Milky way, and it is fandefløjteme nice. I will say that it kept what it promised, he says, and continues on the lanterns:
- I had the urge to throw a towel over, but I had not. Is how it is.
Planet of the Mælkevejsgalaksen is visible from earth as a band of light in the night sky. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
- It is fast to reach its goal already on the first night?
- Yes, in a sense, it was a challenge that I am already so early reached it, for one could not say 'that was it', one should complete the journey.
Film, tv & radio - 6. mar. 2020 - pm. 20:05 Reveals: Would run away from the tv-program
For Anders Lund Madsen acted the 6000 mile long trip, among other things, to experience new sides of the world and study the sky in the dead of night. And it surprised him that the professional sailors, who accompanies the celebrity danes, was not interested in such things.
What surprised me is that they are not at all interested in such a thing, when they are sailing. It fills the much, and at night there's not another, but the professional sailors were completely uninterested in it. It was 'when is the moon up, and when it goes down' - 'we do not know'. It hippieagtige 'see the planets' they could not get worked up over, smågriner he.
the Milky way contains billions of stars, and all the stars we can see from earth, in the sky, belong to the Milky way. From the earth it is seen as a luminous milky white band of stars. Photo credit: Shutterstock
the Participants in this year's season of besides Anders Lund Madsen; musician Wafande, diamantdronning Katerina Pitzner, chef Jesper Vollmer, YouTuber Julia Sofia entrepreneurial environment and artist Kristian von Hornstleth.
See also: Lund Madsen gives up
They made a beautiful boat available with absolute minimum comfort.
- It is a great boat to sail on. Now I have not really anything to compare with, but it is really fast. It is ugly ad hell, it's an old 90's-boat, which is a little worn. And then there is no comfort at any kind. There are no places you can sit, I have, and I have never tried before, worn holes in the waistband to sit down, he concludes.