When the vicar Isaac Holm today has its first communions in the year, it becomes a somewhat different way than usually.
For the past day actions of the government and the country's bishops in order to avoid coronasmitte have done, that the parish priest in Nørrelandskirken in Holstebro have had to make some changes at the last minute.
It writes Kristeligt Dagblad.
- I had called around to konfirmandernes parents to hear if their children would still carry out the ritual. It has been such that we keep the confirmation for those who wanted it, and so we keep a later in the year for those who did not want to come this Saturday. There are several who have chosen, says the parish priest, and adds, that it has not yet decided when the postponed confirmations must be kept.
last Thursday published the country's bishops, a press release and a guide for how the church should deal with religious worship and ecclesiastical actions during the current coronasituation. While all worship services and events in the churches has been cancelled the next 14 days, is the situation of the spring confirmations are still uncertain.
We ask for understanding that we can't yet report anything out on the field, but will do so as soon as there is come clarification on the area, it said in a press release from the Copenhagen bishop Peter Skov-Jakobsen.
Several churches, Kristeligt Dagblad has spoken with, are debating right now how to make the young people's big day is less infectious. So far konfirmandforberedelsen been cancelled the next two weeks, when the schools are closed, and in their instructions asking the bishops of the country churches to prepare themselves, that they might have to postpone his confirmation or implement it with very few guests, so the churches have less than 100 participants and does not become more than half filled.