The invisible threat coronavirus fills these days much of the danes ' everyday life. Universities shut down, people being fired from their jobs, one is constantly reminded that the death toll is rising in the world around us because of the coronavirussen, and every day there are more danes who carries the infection.
Trine Lund, who is a psychologist specializing in anxiety disorders, gives her advice on how you can be better to deal with its concerns regarding the coronavirus, so as not to let themselves be completely swallowed up by anxiety and fear of what might come to happen.
- It is very human to coronavirussen of concern and anxiety in many of us. It is an unknown and unpredictable threat.
- We do not know exactly how dangerous it is, and how long it is going to last, she explains to Extra Bladet.
- When we experience something that is unpredictable and threatening, it is very mennesketypisk that we develop strategies for how we can achieve some control and security. A strategy may be to worry a lot. Another strategy may be to hoard in the supermarket, or to search out a lot of information on the topic. These strategies are intended to provide a form of control, peace and security. It helps maybe also short-sighted. But the ones who do it in an excessive degree, is at risk for developing anxiety disorders in the long term.
See also: Denmark's new strategy prolongs the epidemic
According to Trine Lund it is about finding a middle ground in it, where you take the situation seriously, without cares or ends up in the strategies, where you are constantly seeking information about the subject or, for example, hoard in the supermarkets.
- My advice is that you put bekymringstid of to think about it here. You can put twenty minutes in the afternoon, and agree with himself, that here should I worry and seek out knowledge.
- It means that when they are here triggertanker or angsttanker calling one up on the other times, so the task is really to try to postpone to deal with them.
- You can't control what thoughts calling one up, but you can be the influence in which thoughts, which must have attention.
It is especially the constant information-seeking behavior, which, according to Trine lund can be to feed people's concerns.
- It speaks to people's anxiety when they are constantly looking up how many there now are hit and perished. People should also be critical of the sometimes violent headlines instead of just biting.
Community - 13. mar. 2020 - pm. 21:41 Expert on grænselukning: - Completely pointless