Ricky Martin is given a restraining order and says that the claims are "completely false".

Ricky Martin, singer, has dismissed as "completely falsified" the allegations made by an unnamed individual which led to Puerto Rican authorities issuing him a restraining or against him under the U.

NewsEditor
NewsEditor
04 July 2022 Monday 15:29
9 Reads
Ricky Martin is given a restraining order and says that the claims are "completely false".

Ricky Martin, singer, has dismissed as "completely falsified" the allegations made by an unnamed individual which led to Puerto Rican authorities issuing him a restraining or against him under the U.S. territory’s domestic violence laws. El Vocero in Puerto Rico reports that the petitioner was not a police officer and went directly to court after ending their seven-month relationship.

According to a court document, Martin, who has been married to Jwan Yosef for 17 years, refused to take the petitioner's decision. He continued to have unwelcome contact with the person.

Martin stated in a tweet that the order was founded on "completely false allegations" and that he would face them with the "responsibility that characterizes him."

pic.twitter.com/iAznFleEAK

He tweeted, "I appreciate the innumerable acts of solidarity and they are very much appreciated." He said that he couldn't comment further because it was a legal matter.

According to the Associated Press, police confirmed that the restraining orders had been filed under Law 54 (Puerto Rico's Domestic Abuse Prevention and Intervention Act).

Martin's representatives also stated that the allegations were "completely false" and fabricated, as cited by the AP, multiple media outlets and other outlets.

The statement stated that "We are confident that Ricky Martin will be fully convicted" once the truth is out about the matter.

El Vocero claims that the court document states Martin and the petitioner were separated two months ago. But the petitioned Martin does not accept this. He calls him often. The petitioner also claims to have seen him at his home at least three times. The petitioner is concerned for their safety.

According to Puerto Rican newspapers, the court order prohibits Martin from "approaching harassing, intimidating or threatening the petitioner" according to the newspaper.

El Vocero stated that a hearing was scheduled for July 21st, when the order expires.

These allegations were made after Martin's ex-manager Rebecca Drucker filed a lawsuit at the Los Angeles Central District Court alleging that Martin owes her over $3 million in unpaid commissions.

People magazine claims that Drucker was Martin's manager twice between 2014 and 2018, and again between 2020 and 2022. Drucker claimed that Martin was in "absolute turmoil" during the second stint.

People reports that Martin was sued by Drucker for aiding him with recording contracts, tours, sponsorship deals and other professional endeavors. Martin also "made millions of dollar and owes Rebecca significant commissions."

Comments

Warning!

You have to login for comment. If you are not a member? Register now.

Login Sign Up