A huge fire broke out at a resort in Killeen, Texas, following the building's irrigation systems failed to operate because of frozen pipes.
On Friday nightthe Killeen Fire Department arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn resort in Killeen to locate"fire coming out from the roof over the fourth floor of this four-story resort," according to an announcement by the fire department.
"police and Fire departments are working on a massive structure fire in the Hilton Garden Inn. PLEASE AVOID the Region," The Killeen Police Department composed on Twitter in the time.
Seven agencies reacted to the fire and could restrain it only after midnight.
The resort was allegedly at full capacity in the time of this flame, and all 102 of its chambers were in use. The fire department hauled a number of the homeless guests into the Skyline Baptist Church following the episode, along with also the American Red Cross was contacted to aid themaccording to the announcement.
The flame came as the nation continues to fight with electricity outages and pipe bursts as a result of intense winter weather that struck this week. On Friday morningthere were still thousands and thousands of Texas without electricity and countless still trying to find drinking water.