Education and forskningsminister Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen (S) of the grade -3 on the grading scale.
she says to DR News.
the Minister's message comes after the SF has come up with a proposal for a new grading scale.
Among other things, listen I me, that they would like to with minuskarakteren. The feeling I have as a minister, I must say, says Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen to DR News.
- It seems wrong to me that we can judge our children and young people with minuskarakterer.
- The signal that is in it, I am not in favor of, it sounds from the minister.
Minuskarakteren, as the minister wants to drop, is given for the "completely unacceptable performance".
the grading scale has seven steps: -3, 00, 02, 4, 7, 10 and 12. In order to pass you must have at least the grade 02.
SF proposes, according to DR News that the grading scale must be changed so that the instead have the steps 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12, where grade 2 or higher is passed.
Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen wish, however, according to DR News not to say whether she supports the full SF-a proposal.
Undervisningsordfører Jacob Mark (SF) tells that the change of the scale must be to make up with nulfejlskulturen in the education system.
- It requires that we turn down the grades on the whole. But it also requires that we change the grading scale, says Jacob Mark to Ritzau.
the Batch will also change the descriptions of what one must do in order to get a good grade.
- today, it is only to get zero error, where the former scale also rewarded creativity and originality, says Jacob Mark.
It was in 2006 that syvtrinsskalaen was introduced instead of the old 13-no.. The new scale should among other things ensure a better comparison of grades internationally.
According to the SF will also be a new scale could be used internationally.
- Our assessment is that one will also be able to use this here and abroad. It is also very close to that of the scale, was changed to (in 2006, red.), says Jacob Mark.
The People uddannelsesordfører, Katrine Robsøe, will like SF and the minister have made up with the grade -3.
- It does not make sense that young people can be sentenced to less. At the same time, inappropriate jumps in the current scale, as we will see, she says and stresses that a new scale should still be able to be used internationally.
Chairman of the Danish Students ' Council (DSF) Johan Hedegaard Jørgensen calls the proposal intriguing, but have not settled on exactly how a new grading scale will have to watch out.
- There is a problem with the -3-the nature and a problem with the jumps in midterkaraktererne, he says and elaborates:
- There can be really few and far between 4, 7 and 10, and it can be really demotivating for many students, that one in fact can move a lot, but it is reflected not in the nature.
Also at Martin Mejlgaard, president of the Danish high scool students Association (DGS), is there support for changing the current scale.
- It is extremely good that the proposal will eliminate the -3, which has an annoying negative symbolic value.
- It is really good to take a showdown with the big jump between 4, 7 and 10, which means that you can knokle and develop, without that it can be viewed on one's diploma, he says.
He believes, however, that SF's proposal for a new scale reminds too much about the present. We therefore suggest the organization instead of a grading scale with seven steps from 0 to 6.
- How so as to reduce the confusion that can be when you make two models that are very similar to each other, says Martin Mejlgaard.
Education and forskningsminister Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen (S) will also with a grade of -3. She will, however, according to DR News did not say whether she supports the total SF-a proposal.