There are not many left out there who seriously believe that Liverpool can fravristes the championship this season.
1-0 over Tottenham on Saturday night was The Reds’ 21. victory in 23 matches, and progress to number two, Leicester City, 16 points, after Kasper Schmeichel and co. surprisingly lost 2-1 at home to Southampton.
16 points. To the number two.
They are on 61 points and has only thrown two points. In the 2017/18 season was Manchester City on 59 points. No one has ever been as high before in Premier League history.
According to the statistikfirmaet Gracenote Live is the first time ever that a team in one of the five major european leagues to win 20 of its first 21 matches.
❗ - RECORD @LFC are the first team ever in Europe's top 5 leagues to win 20 of its opening 21 matches of a league season. #TOTLIV #LFC— Gracenote Live (@GracenoteLive) January 11, 2020
It is new klubrekord in Liverpool FC. In 1894 played the club's 37 matches without losing. Saturday came up at number 38. 33 victories and five draws.
in Addition, you can put that Liverpool have 12 wins in a row and have scored 29 goals in the 12 matches. They are listed for a minimum of a scoring of the last 30 league matches.
add to this, that you not have closed the goal, since Richarlison scored to 4-2 at Anfield 4. december. Ago have Liverpool played six and a half battle – equivalent to 495 minutes of Premier League ball. AND then, just 90 minutes of the FA Cup, where they won 1-0 over Everton.
But why do the trees not grow into heaven. Such seemed Jürgen Klopp to have it after the victory on Saturday against Tottenham.
- I am up and call over the outcome. But we will have to talk about the performance. After all, we would have scored more goals. It is the truth, said the German.
He thought it was Liverpool's own fault that the fight was not decided long before the final whistle.
Transfermarkt could the other day to tell you that Liverpool with its impressive performance has moved into the list of teams in the top five leagues in Europe with the longest sejrsrækker. The peaks of the AC Milan's incredible team from the beginning of the 1990s, who played 58 games in a row without defeat.
Then follows Bayern Munich from 2012-14, having played 53 matches, while the number three is Arsenal which 2003-2004 played 49 matches without losing.
- One or another told me that it was the best start a team has ever gotten, said Klopp.
- I tried to respond in an appropriate way, but it said me do not really matter. I'm not quite clear on what is wrong with me, but the kind of stories doesn't interest me. I am interested in football. Stories are written by other people. The rest of the season is quite long, and we have some big matches ahead of us, said Klopp dry according to the Daily Mail.
Chelsea is in fact number two in the Premier League with a streak of 40 games in a row 2004-2005 without defeat.
Liverpool's future programme in the Premier League
19. January: Manchester United home
23. January: Wolverhampton out
29. January: West ham out
1. February: Southampton home
15. February: Norwich City out
24. February: West ham at home
29. February: Watford out
See also: Braithwaite was double scorer in Leganes-victory
See also: United rise up against the drain plug after the City humiliation
Italian football - 11. jan. 2020 - pm. 17:03 So is Zlatan in time! Scores in Milan-the triumph of