Magnus Cort has more than difficult to find his thread in the current case about Jakob Fuglsang and his possible collaboration with the infamous dopinglæge Michele Ferrari.
- It is a very special case, where there is no evidence, but where there just should be suspected. On the way, it is hard to relate to, say, the Danish toprytter, which at the turn of the left that Astana and is now pedaling for ef Education First.
- It is half a story, when to recommend further studies, and it is a pity, that it comes forward on that basis.
- of Course they must, that is running the strongest, will also be examined extra carefully, but when it is not, more concretely, should the kind of do not get out, believe Magnus Cort.
Cort (almost) during the Tour de France, Jakob Fuglsang at the end. Photo: Chris Graythen/
The 27-year-old rider feels with his former team captain but is also saddened that such a case is now again hit his sport.
no matter what, so it is a vexed matter for the sport, but especially of course for Jacob. It must be very uncomfortable to stand in the situation, says Cort, who haven't been in contact with Fuglsang since the publication.
Magnus Cort hoping for a quick afklariing about a possible cooperation between Fuglsang and Ferrari. Photo: Ernst van Norde
Personally, he has not experienced anything that could give the suspicion of a cooperation with Ferrari, which he does not know, he says.
- I have to be honest also hard for me to imagine that there is organized doping on the team today.
- There are enough individual riders, who are trying out, but otherwise dopingproblematikken a completely different place today than it was years back, think Magnus Cort, who would like to see the case closed as soon as possible.
- I hope there comes a quick clarification, so we will either get to know that there is something in it, or that we, conversely, get a confirmation that the system works.
Buy access to watch AGF, Brøndby and FCKs fighting for the Atlantic Cup here.
Cycling - 2. feb. 2020 - pm. 20:16 Fuglsang investigated for connection to the dopinglæge
See also: Spit it out, Fuglsang
Cycling - 3. feb. 2020 - pm. 11:08 Now responding Astana in the the allegations
See also: Danish cykelstjerne: - I have broken the back