the 27-year-old Nic Kent had, by his own admission opkastfornemmelser and was completely devastated after she accidentally took a big bite of a plant-based burger from KFC, which proved still to contain chicken.
The writes among others the Daily Mail and NottinghamshireLive.
The british woman has been vegan for five years, and had otherwise been looking forward to try the fast food chain's newly launched meat-free burger.
Therefore, ordered her sister the burgers to take home - to Nic Kent ordered she a 'Zero Chicken'burger.
Nic Kent has been vegan for five years. The other day made KFC a mistake, as did, that she ate meat for the first time since she was vegan. Photo: BPM MEDIA
Nic Kent had been so hungry that she immediately took a big bite of his burger, and only then realized that an error had occurred. Nic kent's vegan burger had been put in the wrong box, and she had just put the teeth in a large piece of chicken. In addition, there was cheese in the burger shown, so besides væmmelsen she was also physically ill, because she is laktoseintolerant.
- I've been vegan for five years, so I know that the burgers content was not plant-based. I could feel the skin sliding down my throat, says Nic Kent.
- My sister took the user and checked it for me. I should have checked it, but I shouldn't really have to, raging female. The sister had in turn received the burger she had ordered, and it was in a box that fit it.
She does not herself as a 'militant vegan', but says that she just was so happy that KFC had launched a kødfrit alternative, so she and the family in the future could come there and eat.
- I'm just disappointed. KFC don't care about vegans and animal welfare. It's only about money, she felt.
After the gruesome discovery called Nic Kent to KFC, where the manager offered them a free meal. But Nic Kent rejected their offer.
the Restaurant offered Nic Kent a free burger, but she has lost confidence in them. Photo: BPM MEDIA
- I don't trust anymore on them. Be careful and check yourself after, she advises other vegans.
NottinghamshireLive have contacted KFC, who regrets the episode.
- We are really sorry of what happened with the Nics ordering - we made a mistake in this instance. We offered immediately to give all the money back, but we are aware that it is super important that we do not make mistakes - particularly when it comes to allergens, says a spokesperson from KFC.
It is far from the first time that KFC in the Uk by mistake serving meat to vegans after having launched the meat-free burger 2. January.
the Independent writes that the also 25-year-old Beth Hughes from Bath by mistake got served a kyllingeburger and only realized it after she had taken a bite out of it.
@KFC_UKI IN ordered the vegan burger... this looks very much like chicken?!?!?! pic.twitter.com/llN6mrtfMg— Rosie Durance (@rosiedee66) January 4, 2020
In Liverpool got a vegetarian couple also served kyllingeburgere. They discovered it first, when the man had eaten all his burger.
the Independent has confronted british KFC with the many episodes.
'We are really happy that so many fans have come to try the vegan burger in this week. When it is said, we are aware that there have been a number of incidents where we have made mistakes... it is not good, and we are really sorry that it has happened', says a spokesperson from KFC.