As the final whistle sounded on Wednesday night in the match between Manchester United and Burnley, had a big part of the hjemmeholdets followers already left Old Trafford in the disappointment over the defeat of 0-2.
United had the opportunity to narrow the gap to the top teams in the Premier League, but instead it was the eighth defeat of the season, which increases the pressure on manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
Since the Norwegian was appointed as permanent manager in march last year, the club has now lost more matches in the Premier League, than it has won.
Solskjær acknowledges that the players ' performance against Burnley was below average.
- We must recognize that it was not good enough. In the first half we created some half openings, but we were not sharp enough to take our chances, he says, according to Sky Sports.
Solskjær has given more young players a chance in the first team, and their lack of experience was also a factor in the defeat, he believes.
- part of them have only played 10, 12, 15 matches, and it is not easy for them, he says.
- the Players give everything they have. They have done it fantastic so far this season, but they are aware that it was not good enough tonight.
The former United defender Rio Ferdinand, who today is ekspertkommentator for BT Sport, is appalled by the slump.
- In the 84. the minute I saw people come and go. It is unheard of at this stadium and embarrassing, " says Ferdinand.
Manchester United won the last championship in 2013.
- the Slump in such a short time is remarkable. It is only seven years, he says.
But Solskjær is confident that United have enough to get back to the top.
- Sometimes you go through periods like this, and it is a challenge, as I am sure that they are performing, he says of the players.
See also: Mourinho trades: Big brazilian, laugh on the way
See also: Brøndby landlord angrebsflop
See also: Bad news for Delaney: Star on the way
Sports and Games Brøndby selling out: Here's the big question
Sport and the Game of australian cricket from the Inside: a 15-year-old kæmpetalent eye to the League