See the English Fight Night 1. February with Sarah Mahfouds VM-bang and seven other profkampe. Buy access right here
the WORLD cup-buddy Sarah Mahfoud and Ditlev Rossing is in good hands. The Danish boksehåb have been trained by the former sværvægtsverdensmester Sherman 'Tank' Williams.
The hard-hitting bahamaner have spent a lot of time in Denmark in the last, where he has trained with Rossing in four years, and this winter also took the unbeaten Danish WORLD cup-contender Mahfoud under its broad wings.
Williams reached in his impressive career to be both the WBA, USBA and NABF champion of the world and fought Evander Holyfield in 2011 - a match which was interrupted already in the second round, after Holyfield got a tear in his eye.
He enjoys working with the young danes, as he has great confidence. So great trust, that bokselærlingen Ditlev 'D-Struction' Rossing will have a small threat on the road, that should motivate him to beat his Ukrainian opponent out before that is called the bell for the second time.
- We've had some good six weeks. Ditlev is in good shape, and I expect that he can do the job finished in two rounds. If he does not beat him out in the course of the first two, so I give him a beating afterwards, he tells with the kind of smile that could give a journalist a doubt whether it is meant as a joke.
Williams has tried to get the danes to boxes more american, and after a successful training, he expects the danes show what they have learned, and gives the audience two KO's.
It also applies Mahfouds WORLD cup match for the IBF title, which she must try to pill of the 28-year-old argentinian Brenda Carabajal.
- We worked on the technique. The same applies to Sarah. Europeans boxer most with the arms, not so much with the entire body as in the UNITED states. It is therefore, we in the USA have the big knockouts, and the big shows. So we have tried to work with the mechanics in it to get her to be able to use its full power, he says.
- If she can hit her effectively repeatedly with the right hand, should she be able to stop her in five rounds.
- They are danes. They are vikings. They are at home. It is, as we say in the states: 'Bullets and gunsmoke.' Someone is going to be fucket up, and it becomes not us.
the Talk about the american style of get Williams to think back on his short-term bang against the american icon Evander Holyfield.
I gave him the bank in the few rounds I had with him. I hit him with hard punches and the weight of my full body in the head. And I gave him the desire to be present, I could see in his eyes. And as soon as it went up for him, so he withdrew in the third round.
- There is a little more enthusiasm in american boxing. We will give the audience in the evening. When you can, why then hold out for 12 rounds, when you can get the job done after two? It is also the setting, the fans can like. We are going for the big KO's.
the Danish Rossing should be out in another fights, if he beats Ukraine-boxer Sviatoslav Svyryd out in the first two rounds. You must therefore expect, that the former nordic champion puts aggressively out in the evening. Photo: Stine Tidsvilde
the Gloves are long since laid on the shelf now, but therefore he is not pale for that long verbally out for something, he is not so happy. While it has been yet another positive trip to Denmark, it is still not completely joy and gammen all for Tank Williams, who spend much time far away from home.
The Danish christmas among other things. It is him for quiet, and after another feast, in Denmark, he enjoys still not the way we celebrate it on the. He misses more partying.
- where I'm from, we have the carnival. On the South Beach parties, we all night. But in Copenhagen put people to sleep. Finding a restaurant was almost impossible. All the hotels were closed. In Valby, I could not get a hotel, so I was going to have to find a place in the north, says the 47-year-old coach.
- Last time I was in Denmark this time of the year, I flew to Mallorca over christmas. In years trained we on christmas day, so I had to be here.
- I keep it out. In the year I did it, I took in the church at Saint Albans Church. So I went on the Mojo Bar and got some beer. A blues-cafe in the city. Nice hangaround, he says.
Both the Rossing and Mahfoud can be followed live in the ring at the Extra Leaf in the evening. Fighting is a part of the Danish Fight Nights WORLD cup gala, where bl.a. also the Danish IBF Youth champion and thus the youngest Danish world champion ever, Oliver Meng, must defend his title.
Williams in his time as a professional. Photo credit: Freelance/Mikkel Berg Pedersen
See also: One failed completely, one played too smart and one can be the world's best: They tried their luck in the Shed Pallet
See also: Danish WORLD cup-hope omens of war
Boxing - 1. feb. 2020 - pm. 09:29 Mahfoud-the opponent with the peculiar detail for weighing
Boxing - 1. feb. 2020 - pm. 09:29 Mahfoud-the opponent with the peculiar detail to the weigh-in See also: Meet the Ukraine's secret weapon