It was certainly not the plan, that Wednesday morning should be the result of a lynskilsmisse between the Klavs Bruun Jørgensen and the Danish Handball Federation. But this ended four-and-a-half years of co-operation as yet, and when it happened, there is a very special reason:
We were not sure, that there no longer was the spark that was supposed to be. Klavs and I have during this evaluation, which has been thorough and involved many parties, challenged each other in a variety of areas, and here we got both in doubt, says Morten Henriksen.
Sportschefen acknowledges even, that he was not sure it necessarily is the right decision.
- I can not stand here and be sure, this was the only way.
But you say that the spark was not there?
- Joeh, the spark was enough. But when we challenged each other on a variety of parameters, it still sown a doubt in the both of us, whether it was right to continue. And when I'm not 100 percent sure, and Klavs Bruun is also not 100 percent sure, and we need to think forward over a longer period bl.a. with a championship on home soil in december, then you have to stop the cooperation, says Morten Henriksen.
It was therefore on the level a so-called ’mutual’ decision and agree with the divorce, and sportschefen also stresses that it is not HIS decision but a joint decision, based on conversations with many players, sponsors DHF's board of directors and a variety of other stakeholders.
- I'm missing only to have involved the media and the population, says Morten Henriksen, grinning in spite of everything.
Klavs Bruun was on Wednesday sacked as national coach. Photo: Lars Poulsen
But back to seriousness: It has probably also been extremely important for DHF to show decisiveness in relation to Team Denmark, now when the team is NOT secured the possibility to get to the OLYMPICS in Tokyo. It lasts not long, within DHF, in common with all other confederation should have knitted a Team Denmark-agreement for the four years from the summer towards the OLYMPICS in Paris 2028.
For probably doing the men excellent, but the women smoke with the ninth place out of the fine company in the top eight! And it can be expensive.
Klavs Bruun had the contract to 2021 and must, of course, be compensated. The economic compromise is already in place.
- But what it implies, we keep in-house, says Morten Henriksen.
Now the hunt for a new coach in. The national team will gather cards in February and have a whole two weeks long session in march with two test matches in the period in which the team should not play the OLYMPICS-qualification.
- I will be thorough and always have as a goal to find a coach that sits for a long time. It is important that it is a person who has knowledge of Danish culture, talent development and so on, but I will not put me firmly in the, if it absolutely must be a dane, says sportschefen.
Klavs Bruun with his arm on the play Sarah Iversen to one of the decembers many training sessions. Klavs Bruun and damelandsholdet was never something perfect match. Photo: Lars Poulsen
it Can be a coach, who at the start have a klubjob next?
- It will probably be difficult over a longer period of time, but I will not rule anything out. Just to say that the best thing here, now and in the long term is that the national coach is a full time, because there are other tasks than the popular said ’just’ to train a national team, says Morten Henriksen.
He adds that right now he is ’tired of it’.
- It hurts me. It is very unfortunate it had to end like that. But we have taken the decision in consensus that this output is best for all parties. Klavs is the very ærekær and has all the time said that if he was not the right one, then he would not be there, says Morten Henriksen.
So, in fact, is Klavs’ job is not up for discussion?
- Klavs’ job is still the least part of the discussion, but, of course, is Christmas... As I also said to you after the match against Serbia, so I stand still away by Klavs and Lars Jørgensen is the right set up. I'm crazy happy for what they have achieved in relation to the national team.
- I am crazy tired of the number nine, but their situation is from both their and my part, something we of course always brings up. I have never experienced Christmas in a situation where I could not have been sure, that his zeal, enthusiasm and competence have been the right one.
BRUUNE SENTENCE: How did l. it
the 2015 WORLD cup in Denmark: Denmark no. 6 (if you fail)
Denmark beats Sweden 26-19 in ottendedelsfinalen, but loses 30-31 to Romania in the quarter-finals. Losing the battle for fifth place to Russia 21-25, and the players slander subsequently, the national coach that he was not aware how important the fifth place was. Denmark would have come in a group with two european teams.
2016 OLYMPIC qualification in Denmark: Denmark knocked out (if you fail)
the national Team opens with 25-32 against Romania, and then the ballet is almost over. The team lost 22-26 to Montenegro and win 38-17 over Uruguay. Denmark comes in spite of the home in Aarhus is not for the OLYMPICS in Rio.
2016: the Players ' evaluation (First)
the Extra Leaf can in may reveal that the players in a three-page long evaluation outweighed by Klavs Bruun Jørgensen for. L. will be simply disassembled. The most curious point is that he, up to the first OLYMPICS-kvalkamp against Romania have shown old vhs videos of the DM-finals in 1997, where Virum with the national coach and Søren Herskind win the gold over Ajax.
the Players ask: Why should they see a five minute video of Romania and 50 minutes of a DM-finale? The opposite might have been more optimal!
2016 european championship in Sweden: Denmark number 4 (shots)
Here comes the only definite success! A EM after the OLYMPICS, carries always the imprint of the worn out and stopped the players. Denmark wins the rub and stub in the group with the Czech republic, Montenegro and Hungary and drags maximum points to mellemrunden, and after the matches against Norway, 20-22, Russia, 26-26, Romania 21-17 waiting for the Netherlands in the semifinals 22-26. The team loses bronzekampen to France 22-25.
2017 WORLD cup in Germany: Denmark, number 6 (if you fail)
DHF extension a week before the finals with the national coach, so the contract runs three years to summer 2021. Denmark to progress from group stage with Montenegro 24-31, Japan 32-18, Tunisia 37-19, Brazil 22-20 and Russia 27-32. Beats Germany in ottendedelsfinalen 21-17 and losing to Sweden in the quarterfinals 23-26 in a fight, they had all the chances to win.
2018 european championship in France: Denmark number 8 (if you fail)
Denmark opens with a 30-29 over Sweden, when Sandra Toft picks Nathalie Hagman on penalties after the time and turn then Poland 28-21. Losing to a narrow Serbian team 25-30, goes in mellemrunden and slaps together against France 23-29 and Russia 21-32. The team travels and show the morality of 24-23 over Montenegro in the final match.
2019 WORLD cup in Japan: Denmark, number 9 (First)
Denmark comes limping in time with the WORLD cup after storsejren over Australia. 26-26 against south Korea, 25-26 against Germany and 24-18 over Brazil puts the team under pressure: Only a victory over the French european and world champions sends the team into the main tournament. The national team, with a once storspillende Sandra Toft in the goal to win 20-18.
the Team loses then to a afbudsramt Norway 19-22, but win 27-24 over the Netherlands and as ’just’ win over Serbia in order to send itself on to a battle for seventh place. They play 26-26, and the dream of the OLYMPICS in Tokyo next summer is killed.
Handball - 8. jan. 2020 - pm. 13:46 Klavs Bruun stops as coach
See also: Four days again: - It is worrying
See also: Now is Denmark guldfavorit
Sports and Games Here rolls millionerne: So much earn the WORLD cup-the girls