When the FC Copenhagen takes against Celtic in the Telia Parken on Thursday evening, written a small piece of history in Danish football.
For the first time ever will be able to see WAS the Video Assistant Referee as the reason. After the plan introduced WAS in the League from the coming season, then before long it becomes an integral part of to go to the top football in Denmark, but one time should as you know be the first, and it is on Thursday.
What can you expect from the much-debated system?
- WAS-the judges will during the fight, sit in a cart outside the Park and from here you have contact with opgørets referee.
- It is kampafgørende situations, the judge may choose to check with WAS. It will say goal, a penalty on the wrong player got a warning and potentially a direct red card. There will only be judged for obvious errors. That is to say, that does not take account of whether a player has a lilletå in offside position.
- It is, at any time, the judge on the court which adopts the decision. That is to say, that if there occurs a situation, the judge must look the situation through yourself. He does not let the people in the carriage make the decision.
the Crowd in the Park gets 'pleasure' of WAS against Celtic. Photo: Jens Dresling
- WAS-the situation will not be shown on the big screen in Telia Parken. Here there will just be WAS-decision", and subsequently it will indicate what the judge has chosen to convict. It is therefore not possible to 'judge yourself'.
Follow the match at home from the couch, the situation will be displayed on the TV. It is UEFA's decision, and thus it is not a given that it will also be such to the Superliga matches from the coming season.
- By the two trænerbokse is a 'guard' placed, as to prevent the two coaches, Stale Solbakken and Neil Lennon, in approaching the judge at a WAS-order and try to influence the decision. The judge should have complete peace and quiet to see the situation through.
- If the judge will see a situation through, it happens on a monitor at the sidelines, which is raised up from the ground. When the judge has seen it, he must, it disappears from the screen down in the grass again.
- FC Copenhagen as the hosts make a toilet available for WAS-the judges, but no more than that.
There is a kick-off in Telia Parken at 18.55 on Thursday evening.
See also: Hooligan spree: Tæskede loose on the politiheste
FC Copenhagen - 5. feb. 2020 - pm. 14:19 Drew nineteen in the FCK: Out of the european squad