- It is strange to think that if I had just seen the football match finished without looking out of my window, so had he been dead by now.
How to tell 60-year-old Theiss Victor Dark from Rørvig on what is without doubt the best work he has done throughout the year.
the Second day of christmas he was just come home from julebesøg with her sister and then football on television, when he suddenly heard a strange sound outside his window.
I could hear a speeder, which was entered in completely. Of course, living there some Brian'is out here, but I thought the same, that there was something wrong, tells Theiss Victor Dark to Ekstra Bladet.
He rush out on to the road, where a car is stationary at a traffic light, while the driver is dropped right back into the body in the driver's seat. Theiss knocking on the pane, but the man does not respond.
- the Car is locked, so I can't get into to him. Therefore rush myself into in order to retrieve a crowbar from my garage, smashing the rear window and asking my neighbor to call 112. Along with another motorist I get pulled the man out through the back window and putting him on the tarmac, where we get started with first-aid, says Theiss.
the very fact that Theiss choose to smash the rear window, has been praised by the Middle - and West zealand Police.
- It is very thoughtful of him to smash just the rear window, which is further away from the driver, so he's not got shards of glass in addition to him, says communications officer Maria Sander Hansen from the Middle - and West zealand Police.
Incidentally Theiss just got refreshed its course of revival in the summer, and he's very happy now.
- It is really hard work to give first aid, I should say. There was no pulse on him in the car, but we were at the, to the ambulance came to the site. Then took over the rescue workers and got life in him to the last, says Theiss.
When it was all over, went Theiss a trip for to sound on top of the violent experience. There came the man's son suddenly walking.
He thanked me, and then we stood and hugged each other, and it was this that hit me the most. It was a great end to christmas, one must say. When you stand in the situation, so you react just, and to act. Reflection comes afterward, says Theiss, and continues:
the Day after, when I got to talk it all through with my neighbor, who cut down I get a little tear and went for a good, long walk by the water.
Since has the man's son has been past the Theiss to provide a status on his father, a 61-year-old man, who is alive, but remains hospitalized.
Both friends, acquaintances and police have thanked and hailed Theiss for his efforts. An Extra Leaf has in the Middle - and West zealand police indicated that it is not inconceivable that he will be nominated for a bounty.
- He has saved his life, says Maria Sander Hansen from the Middle - and West zealand Police.
Even is Theiss quite modest.
- I believe that it is our duty to help our fellow citizens. I hope then, that if I had come to the wrong place one day, that there is someone who intervenes and helps me, " says Theiss.
See also: Discovered something was very wrong - he struck the window pane into the