For many, it is the turn of the year is an occasion to reflect on the year that has passed.
Thus, also, princess Charlene, who is married to prince Albert of Monaco.
the 41-year-old Charlene, who has the five-year-old twins Jacques and Isabella with her husband, tells candidly in an interview with the south african magazine Huisgenoot that it has been an 'incredibly painful year'.
The twenty year old Albert also has two children outside of marriage.
Princess Charlene on the cover of Huisgenoot with her five-year-old twins. Photo: Huisgenoot
See also: Inspired by grandmother: Grace kelly's grandson married
- The past year has certainly hit me hard, she explains, according to the People in the interview.
that's because she lost two friends in just ten days. At the same time, she is worried about her father, who has been ill and has been operated.
Therefore, she has been more sad than usual - and she knows very well that it is something people have noticed.
- People are quick to say: 'Oh, why she smiles not on the photos', she asks to give the answer:
- Some times it is hard to smile.
the countess, who was svømmestjerne, until she married the heir to the monegasque successor in 2011 after five years together.
the Couple met in 2000, when Charlene, who grew up in Zimbabwe and south Africa, participated in a swimming and in Monaco. The same year, they met during The Olympic Games in Sydney.
Charlene (h).v.) to princess Madeleine's wedding in 2013. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
See also: Divorces, infidelity, and illegitimate children: Here is the royal scandals
She admits that she despite her very privileged life in the top principality, miss south Africa.
- I have the privilege to have it here life, but I miss my family and my friends in south Africa, and I am often sad, because I cannot always be there for them, she explains, another reason for his lack of smile.
In February, she went for the first time her children to the country of origin,
I had dreamed of taking them for such a long time, to show them south Africa, but also the Benoni, the city where I grew up, she told in the context.
- the Children were very impatient to see the grandfather and grandmother. On the plane, when we arrived, we looked out of the window, and Jacques cried out: 'Wow, is it the country you come from, mother? It's so big!'. It was very touching for me, she explained.
On his Instagram profile has Charlene also shared a video of his two children, who send greetings to their grandmother.
Show this posting on Instagram
Birthday Message for Grandma
- I miss you. I love you, says the five-year-old Gabriella.
See also: After the paternity case: Prince admits illegitimate daughter