Prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S) will not respond directly on whether it was right of US to bomb and kill an iranian leader in Iraq earlier this week.
- For me, it is essential to look ahead. And I will not stand by and cheer me, in all due respect for the situation. It is a really serious situation, it is difficult to know where it ends, she says on Sunday at the Hotel Nyborg Strand.
the Prime minister will not answer questions about whether the attack on the iranian general was the right thing to do. Photo: Tim Kildeborg Jensen/Ritzau Scanpix
Here she will take part in a partilederdebat with president Jacob Ellemann-Jensen (V), and a political leader, Morten Østergaard (R) by the people's nytårsstævne.
War & disasters - 4. jan. 2020 - pm. 18:31 Rockets hit the airbase and Bagdads green zone
when Questioned again on the same subject is equivalent to the prime minister:
- We can also choose to do it, which in my eyes is the most constructive, and it is appealing to have escalated the conflict down.
- And so have we from the Danish side a task right now to fit on our issued in the region, " says Mette Frederiksen.
the Article continues under the picture ...
the General was killed in a drone strikes. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
The temporary stop came after a us drone strikes in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad on Friday killed militærlederen Qasem Soleimani, who was head of the Quds elitestyrken in Iran's revolutionary guard corps.
It has innate big riots and protests.
Saturday selected the state department's Citizens advice bureau to advise against all non-necessary travel to Iran.
Denmark, with the end of the year after the plan to take over the Nato training mission in Iraq, which consists of 500 men.
This implies, among other things, that the Danish soldiers should be responsible for safety during persontransporter in precisely the area where Qasem Soleimani was killed.
Jakob Ellemann-Jensen says after the end of the debate, that the question contains the shades, and it is therefore difficult to answer.
- We can't have a situation where someone, whether it is a high-ranking general from a third country, or who are planning terrorist attacks and carry out an attack like what we saw at the us embassy (in Iraq, red.).
- I still think that it was probably an overreaction, you came up with here.
- It is important is to look forward. There, the prime minister a point. It is important to keep firmly in the iranians and to draw them into the negotiating table and get deeskaleret the situation as much as possible, he says.
Community - 5. jan. 2020 - pm. 00:58 Trump warns Iran: We have chosen us 52 the target of attacks
Many thousands of people took to the streets to show their grief over the general Qasem Soleimanis death in the entire middle east. Photo: Mohammed Sawaf/Ritzau Scanpix