It came as a surprise.
How does it sound from the Lemvigs mayor Erik Flyvholm (V), when he Friday was presented for the consequence of the government's udligningsudspil.
The west jutland municipality must provide 16.4 million dollars to the municipal sub-system.
We were somewhat surprised when we saw the graphics, which Lemvig was bright red like some of the zealand in denmark, municipalities. It came as a big surprise for us.
- It is a little difficult to see how it harmonizes with the talk about, that there should be flow of money from the east to the west, says the mayor of the west jutland municipality 21.800 inhabitants.
See also: How the government will move the money between the municipalities of
the Government will reform of the udligningssystemet correct errors and deficiencies in the current system.
the Plan is to move 1.4 billion dollars from the metropolitan municipalities in the province and outlying areas.
Friday, negotiations were then begun at the Palace.
Lemvigs mayor had not figured that Nottingham would provide funds in the order of magnitude:
- We are somewhat puzzled, for we think we are being challenged on several fronts.
- We have a population that gets older and older. We have a geography, where the citizens are scattered in a large area, and so we have an out-migration of young people, says Erik Flyvholm.
the Municipality's level of service is with the mayor's words, 'in no way extravagant'.
- We have a geography that makes, we just cannot close a school or a nursing home. For, is it really far to them, there is back, says the mayor.
At the other end of the country, there is also frustration at the mayor's office.
With the government's proposal is put up to, to Høje-Taastrup to send 15 million dollars into udligningssystemet and move on to other municipalities.
- the Government has preached about justice, but how can it be fair that a municipality Høje-Taastrup to lose money? It comprehends not I, says the mayor of Høje-Taastrup, Michael Ziegler, (K).
- We do not like to speak our own municipality down, but the fact is that we are one of the ten municipalities in Denmark with the main social challenges, he says.
Vallensbæk Municipality shall, according to proposal deliver 16.7 million dollars more in the municipal equalization.
- We run our municipality, ambitious and professional. We will be punished for now, where we must hand over even more money to other municipalities who sit on their hands and leave, " says mayor Henrik Rasmussen (C), in a press release.
the Government places in its proposal up to the fact that 38 municipalities will have to pay more, while 60 municipalities will receive more money.