After several months of negotiations on a political agreement to stop the foreign kapitalfondes the purchase of cheap rental housing, has housing minister Kaare Dybvad Bek (S) decided to cease the negotiations.
This was stated by Transport and ministry of housing.
- the Government has had a clear ambition to put an end to the international equity and short-term speculators on the Danish housing market.
But I must note that there is no support in the Danish Parliament, says Kaare Dybvad Bek.
the Negotiations-the major point of contention has been about how there could be a stop to the speculation in the renovation, with the subsequent swelling of the rent.
Here, the government has proposed to introduce a waiting period of seven years, before a landlord can raise the rent according to the rules of boligreguleringsloven.
It is thus the so-called renoveringsparagraf 5, paragraph. 2, that has been the big challenge in the negotiations, says the american.
- I have said all the time that I would only make an intervention if it would actually hit the short-term speculators, while at the same time we indemnifies andelsboligerne.
- Therefore, we proposed a spekulantstop, because it will hit the very short-term speculators and according to the Fsa, it will not hit the andelsboligerne.
- Therefore, I am of course also a little baffled by that there is support for the proposal, says Kaare Dybvad Bek.
the American is concerned that the collapse in negotiations will mean buying of cheap rental housing in particular-Copenhagen:
We have in recent years seen examples of landlords who harass their tenants and trying to push them out, to be able to raise the rent. It is clear that I'm nervous that now we will continue to experience pressure on our low-cost rental housing, says Kaare Dybvad Bek.
SF's boligordfører, Kirsten Normann Andersen, places the blame for the fact that that has not come to an agreement, with The Radical:
- We must note that, unfortunately, the Radicals are holding the hand under a participation, just as they did with payday loans, says Kirsten Normann Andersen, with reference to the previously concluded agreement to limit the cost of taking payday loans.
- There was a clear and reasonable agreement, which all parties agreed was a clear improvement. It was also a part of the forståelsespapiret.
Nonetheless, The Radical is not that they are bound to deliver on promises, says Kirsten Normann Andersen.
Therefore trying to get a reaction from The Radical to the criticism.