the Government cancels a scheduled salary increase for ministers in the five percent who have been in the budget.
It informs the ministry of finance.
- political parties have already started to look at what is the right framework for politicians ' salaries.
- this is Why it is quite natural that we are now in the first place to ensure that ministers do not get an increase in their salary. We start with extending the reduction in one year, so we have the proper time to find a permanent and fair solution, writes the general, rasmussen, Morten Bødskov (S) in a comment.
the Case goes back to 2010, when the then Danish prime minister, Lars Løkke Rasmussen (V) in connection with the financial crisis, implemented a temporary salary cut of five percent to the ministers.
It has been extended several times, but were scheduled to expire in 2019. Why was the salary increase part of the government's financial bill, which has created debate.
Prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S) said Thursday afternoon to the DR, that she had not been aware of the planned wage increase.
- you Know what, I will be completely honest and admit that I have not been aware that it has been an automatic upregulation, she said.
the increase of wages won, however, the ear of the former minister of finance and vice-president of the Left Kristian Jensen.
- I know that I put the hindquarters in the klaphøjde and probably get a shitstorm on the neck. But someone has to say it: it's an exceptionally demanding job to be a minister, and it should be rewarded with a remuneration which corresponds to the stake.
- Therefore, I fully support, that the temporary decline, which was introduced during the financial crisis, now removed, and that the new government will get a boost of five percent from the new year, he wrote Thursday on Facebook.
Prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S) annual salary sounds on 1.574.372 crowns. Finance minister Nicolai Wammen, and the minister of foreign affairs Jeppe Kofod (S) each receive an annual salary of 1.385.448 crowns. The other ministers get 1.259.498 crowns.
Earlier Thursday, both the SF and Enhedslisten have indicated that they cannot support a bill, which the ministers will get more in salary.
- Ministerlønnen is really, really good - also with the reduction of five percent, said Pernille Skipper, a political rapporteur for Unity, for DR.