the Season started personally good for Jannik Vestergaard in the centre of Southampton. He played 11 of the 12 first matches, but since 9. november he has been out in the Premier League-the cold of Southampton.
Saturday, he got a comeback in the FA Cup victory over Huddersfield, but in spite of the long-term outlook for fixed duration, the almost two-metre tall dane is not going to throw the towel and ask for a change of clubs here in januarvinduet.
- I take the fight up here in Southampton. Right now is not optimal time for me, but it is always the coach that decides, and the team has done well in the past and is in a good streak, says Jannik Vestergaard to Ekstra Bladet.
- I take on the challenge, working hard every day to training and will fight me back on the team. How is it to play top football - it goes up took down in the course of a season, he points out.
Jannik Vestergaard sacrificed themselves in dueling when he got the comeback for Southampton in the weekend's 2-0 win in the FA Cup tie against Huddersfield. Photo: Peter Cziborra, Ritzau Scanpix.
There has been interest from several clubs for Jannik Vestergaard. Not least his former employer from Werder Bremen, but the big end closing thus the door to a change of clubs and biting the teeth together in order to get his startplads back.
- I can't comment on klubnavne. I am a Southampton player and I only focus on doing my best to help the club, he points out.
Jannik Vestergaard smoke of the team in november after a bad period. It meant at the same time, a shift from three to four man in the rear chain. It meant that there would be one midtstopper less in the fighting.
- It was nice to play 90 minutes again to win and keep a clean sheet in defence. We are favoured with a team, where several of us had played much recently, but we won. We played with good confidence, not flawlessly, but with his chest shot forward. Basically, it was a solid performance, both for the team and myself, " says Jannik Vestergaard, who recognises that there is still room for improvement:
- My performance was not flawless - natural enough, I think. But I got shown many good things, and most importantly so I got shown something of what I stand for as a midterforsvarer. I think that there is something to build on for me after the battle and the victory, he states.
The solid performance gives hopes for the 27-year-old dane, but he should probably not expect too many rokeringer on top of the christmas and new year's, where Southampton scored 10 of 12 possible points in the Premier League.
See also: man shall cast away Denmark's second most expensive: change of clubs lurking
See also: Wigan put up in the sensation.
See also: The forgotten dane is the best in the Premier League
Premier League - 26. oct. 2019 - at. 07:19 Embarrassed Pierre-Emile after 0-9: I must be at the forefront.