As a 15-year-old she participated in her first OLYMPICS. And with a total of 36 medals on the swim CV is Mette Jacobsen, one of the kingdom's largest svømmenavne through the ages.
As she set the career, in 2006, it was the big surprise for many. Subsequently, it came however, forward that the cause of her sortie at the National training center alone was because of the controversial landsholdstræner Mark Regan.
Why is Mette Jacobsen incredibly happy Kammeradvokatens report, who on Friday cemented how much it has sailed in the environment around the Danish elitesvømning from 2001 and forward, and where Mark Regan's controversial and cross-border training methods were referred to as 'disturbing'.
- I can say that I am very happy for the support given in the report, and that it is extremely tough reading.
- The ribs up in a very difficult time for me and my goodbye to swimming, just due to all of this. The wall of resistance from all the agencies I met at the to point out the dubious relationship, is now finally illuminated with clear conclusions, she says to Ekstra Bladet.
- Conflict with me and the union has acted on Mark's regime; that I after a year with him at the centre said from and would not be in it more. I tried to warn all sorts of places - particularly to Kathrine Jørgensen (former elitesvømmer red.) was call treated.
Mette Jacobsen was involved in Team Denmark's board of directors in the period 2004 to 2008 and sat just at the table with the now-dismissed director from Dansk Svømmeunion, Pia Holmen, and the then president, Kaj Aagaard. Here she made aware of the problems with the coach, but it was, after all, not responsible to pointed ears.
- It is grotesque, that I really tried, but they made me to problem child, and for someone who just would have his will, instead of to listen or look at cases. But it was the ones who had hired Mark, so it would be a defeat for them. Therefore, it was easier to get me out of the system.
- It cost me the WORLD cup and accusations of being a liar and abusing Kathrine, as well as a too early retirement, says the 46-year-old Mette Jacobsen.
the Attorney has in their independent survey interviewed 44 swimmers, of which 16 of them are still active on their experiences with the former australian coach Mark Regan. The responses paint a gloomy picture of a man who was not pale, to throw with things for the swimmers.
Team Denmark and the Danish sports confederation regretted the opposite current and former swimmers during Friday's news conference. Photo: Niels Christian Vilman/ Ritzau Scanpix.
- You then bensparksplader and stuff fly through the air, because the Mark he had been given a flip on one or the other. He threw the svømmeplader through the swimming pool, is in the report.
The dubious relationship that has been existing for a number of swimmers, was enough never have for the general public, if it were not for DR's defining documentary 'Svømmestjerner - under the surface'.
Here it was revealed that the public weighings was a method to follow svømmernes weight. The pressure to be internally reviewed did, that several of the elitesvømmerne developed eating disorders and general psychological discomfort during their time on the national team.
It was precisely these weighings, which was practiced by Mark Regan and later continued by the now deceased coach, the dutchman Paulus Wildeboer.
Mads Øland, director of the Danish Elitesportsudøveres Association (DEF), is currently looking into the possibilities of a godtgørelsessag, and according to DR considering the former swimmers Trine Gudnitz and Kathrine Jørgensen precisely the proposal.
Whether Mette Jacobsen will go after the reimbursement, she has not yet decided, but confirms to Ekstra Bladet that she at the time of writing think about it.
Dansk Svømmeunion initiates a cooperation with Team Denmark, who, in return for financial support requires international results.
: Australian Mark Regan begins 1. march as national coach at The National training center (NTC) in Farum.
He changes the træningskulturen and several sources say to the DR, that he among other things talks degrading to the swimmers and introduce public weighings.
: Jens Frederiksen, who was the trainer for the Community elitesvømmere, in an e-mail 2. december to Kaj Aagaard, who was then president of the Dansk Svømmeunion, to the attention of Regan's tough training methods, but he gets no reply from the president.
The five-time OLYMPIC finalist Mette Jacobsen stops on the NTC because of Mark Regan.
Team Denmark adopts new guidelines where it is described that the weighings must be done voluntarily and in a secluded local. 23 swimmers tells the dog to DR, to the public weighing operations continue after 2005 and up to 2013.
: the Swimmer Jeanette Ottesen stop as the 17-year-old at the NTC, because she has developed depression and an eating disorder. Two years later, she comes back and becomes the most winning swimmer through the ages
: EM-finalisten Kathrine Jørgensen are after a stay at the NTC, with repeated public weighings affected by anxiety, depression and bulimia. 3. January she takes an overdose of painkillers and being admitted to the psychiatric department.
Mark Regan to stop as the national coach. He says to the DR that he has never done anything wrong.
Dutch Paulus Wildeboer becomes the new national coach, and he continues according to the DR's sources the public weighings and bully the swimmers with their weight.
: According to DR's sources introduces juniorlandstræner Michael Hinge public weighings among the young swimmers.
Sidse Kehlet is one of them, and she develops bulimia, depression and pillemisbrug and stops in 2014 his career as the 18-year-old.
Hinge deny the charges.
: Paul Wildeboer stop as the national coach. He died in 2014.
: Michael Hinge stops which juniorlandstræner.
22. april sends the DR documentary "Svømmestjerner - Under the surface", which reveals træningsmetoderne at NTC from 2003 to 2013. Here tells more Danish svømmeprofiler about flawed relationship with public weighings and condescending remarks.
6. may notify to the Danish sports Federations and Team Denmark, that they initiate an independent investigation, after several elitesvømmerne have criticized the methods.
Svømmetrænerne the NTC by Martin Truijens and Mads Bjørn Hansen terminates 12. June their posts due to disagreements with connected. It gets elitesvømmerne in a joint message to declare their mistrust of the management at Dansk Svømmeunion.
19. June notify the Team of Denmark in a press release, Pia Holmen, director at Dansk Svømmeunion, take a leave of absence from his job on the board as vice-president of Team Denmark, while the independent inquiry takes place.
Source: RitzauShow more Close
See also: Blake: - It is a relief to
See also: - The biggest scandal in Denmark
See also: Excuse the failure: - the Price was too high