Dansk Svømmeunion stop cooperation with its long-standing director, Pia Holmen Christensen, for the case of critical conditions for the Danish swimmers.
It informs the Danish sports confederation (DIF) in a press release, while at the same time the start went on a press conference with the Attorney on Friday afternoon.
At the press conference was a report on the plight of Danish elitesvømmere under svømmeunionen presented.
the Study was in 2019 launched by Team Denmark and the Danish sports Federations in consultation with the ministry of Culture.
Pia Holmen stops, as director of Dansk Svømmeunion. The documentary and the subsequent investigation have been a belly flop for Svømmeunionen. Photo: Szlavik Andreas
It came to pass, after to the DR in the spring of 2019 brought the documentary 'Svømmestjerner - under the surface'.
In the documentary criticized the current and former swimmers træningsmetoderne on the national team from 2003 to 2012. In this period was the first Mark Regan and since Paulus Wildeboer coach, while Lars Sørensen was elitechef.
Elitesvømmerne told, among other things, that they were weighed in front of each other. Public weighings according to several elitesvømmere among other things led to eating disorders, anxiety and depression.
Over the DR dismissed the Pia Holmen in april 2019, that she knew of the methods.
- first, I will say, it's not something I have been aware of. It is not to wash my hands, but it is just to say that we had been aware of it here, or I had learned about it, so we had to of course put a stop to it, said Pia Holmen Christensen.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Jeanette Ottesen has among other things stated that svømmetræningen was like a prison camp. Photo: Jens Dreisling
Dansk Svømmeunion and Team Denmark in the report, the harsh criticism of the treatment of the Danish swimmers for a number of years.
There has been significant mismanagement of both Dansk Svømmeunion and Team Denmark in the period 2003-2013, informs the Danish sports confederation (DIF).
the DIF write the following:
- The impartial investigation of conditions in the Danish elitesvømning from 2001 and until today has now been completed.
- And the conclusion is unambiguous: There has been substantial mismanagement of, in particular, Dansk Svømmeunion, but also Team Denmark in the period 2003-2013.
Team Denmark tells about the criticism of its own management.
- Kammeradvokatens study of the conditions in the Danish elitesvømning dishes justified criticism of Team Denmark's then-management in the years 2003 to 2014.
- Team Denmark failed the swimmers by not acting consistently over for coaches employed at Dansk Svømmeunion, which was roughly cross-border, writes the Team of Denmark on its website.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Pia Holmen Christensen recognized that træningsmetoderne was 'in the balance'. Now she walks the plank and stops, as director of Dansk Svømmeunion. Photo: Mads Winther
Even though the Danish swim union elite and landsholdsarbejde is a very different place today than it was when the swimmers experienced the failure and humiliation in the period 2003-2013, the eu has agreed with director Pia Holmen Christensen to stop the cooperation.
It tells the president of Dansk Svømmeunion Lars Jorgensen in a press release.
- This is very much in Pia's spirit, that nothing must stand in the way for a continued positive development in the Danish swimming, and that is why Pia also totally agree with this, for us, drastic step, " says Lars Jørgensen.
It was among other things, public weighings of swimmers, there was harsh criticism in a DR documentary.
- When you go to the sport – and this also applies to swimming – so it's all about being part of a community, to move, to develop his skills – and first and foremost to have fun.
- This is what sport should stand for – and it also applies to Danish landsholdssvømning, says the president.
Trot - 7. feb. 2020 - pm. 12:26 Two half million on the game
See also: Dolberg is lønkonge: Media publish million agreements
Spanish football - 7. feb. 2020 - pm. 12:24 Sensational appearance: Comet bursts scale