In tonight's episode of 'dinner with ...' on TV3 featuring actor Jan Linnebjerg, that is best known for his role as the goblin Pyrus, inside his home in Ganløse.
Here, he opens up and tells of his three guests, realitystjernen Amalie Szigethy, dancer Mille Funk and bagedronningen Ditte Julie Jensen, frankly, that he is an alcoholic.
- I have a drinking problem. Not such in everyday life, but I am well, you call kvartalsdranker, he says in the program.
In sæsonpremieren on 'dinner with ...' is Jan Linnebjerg the main character. Also Amalie Szigethy, Ditte Julie Jensen and Mille Funk in the programme. Photo: Bjorn Jakobsen
In the programme, he tells how he felt compelled to tell publicly about his alcohol problems, after he had been contacted by a journalist from a magazine who had found out that he participated in AA meetings.
See also: Now talking Jan 'Pyrus' Linnebjerg on spritdommen
A reporter stood suddenly down on the golf course and said he knew I was in AA, and then I asked where he knew it from. He would not say. It would get on the front page, that I was an alcoholic, he says, and continues:
- It is downright awful, when there comes a man out, invoking the right to comment on your life and think that he or she has the right to trumpet it on the front page of a fucking lorteblad. And so I thought Karen (his wife, ed.) and I, what can we do about it, and so we wrote a posting on Facebook, and it was shared insanely many times, and I got many positive reactions, says the 59-year-old Jan Linnebjerg, which at the same time stresses that he is tired of journalists, and that the 'dinner with...' will be the last, he says about his alcohol abuse.
You can read the actor's Facebook-postings including:
Jan Linnebjergs honest story makes an impression on guests, who repeatedly praises him for being 'tough' and an inspiration for others who are in similar situations. They have already before dinner, noticed that he was only drinking non-alcoholic beer.
- I don't mind that the world knows I have a drinking problem, or that I am an alcoholic. I would just like to determine for itself when, and why. I may be diplomatic, as we sit at the table, but inside a hive I. It is a svinestreg, saith the Jan Linnebjerg:
- It has been hard. It is no doubt about that. But Karen has forgiven me and know that it is a disease, and I go in for treatment. It's good to be free of alcohol is that I have become a better man and a better father, says Jan Linnebjerg, there get help and guidance on a misbrugscenter.
Jan Linnebjerg is most known for his role as Pyrus. Photo: Søren Hartvig/TV 2
Back in august, Jan Linnebjerg convicted of drink driving and sentenced to ten days imprisonment and a fine of approximately 11,500 dollars. In addition, he was deprived of the right to drive a car in three years.
In the Court in Lyngby came in connection with the case above, that the Pyrus-actor 19. may last year was driving his van on Hillerødmotorvejen with a bac of 1,13. In the court recognized the Jan Linnebjerg himself, that he had been driving while he was under the influence of alcohol.
See also: Jan 'Pyrus' Linnebjerg convicted in court
I had drunk such a large half-litre (pint, red.) and maybe ten where appropriate by the name sake. Maybe a little less, he said in court.
- I do not feel that I in any way would be a danger to anyone. But stupid it was, yes, it sounded on.
It is not the first time that Pyrus-the actor being taken to drive a car with alcohol in the blood. In January 2017 he was also a fine of 6500 dollars at the same time with a suspension of the driving licence for three years for running the car in the affected state.
Ekstra Bladet has tried to get a comment from Jan Linnebjerg in connection with the program, but he has not returned our inquiries before deadline.
Jan Linnebjerg, together with his wife, Karen. Photo: Anthon Unger