for several years had supersamleren Søren Jensen been looking and been searching for a very specific pandafigur of the German brand Schleich. Together with his wife Anne, he has a collection of between 4-5.000 plastikdyr.
- I have amassed in over 20 years, and when I met my wife, yes I got the pulled her into it, says Søren Jensen with a laugh.
When the pair finally found the rare pandafigur online, as there are only 40 in the whole world, they were happy.
- It is a udstillingsfigur, which only is made to stand as advertising in stores, and, therefore, is extremely rare. It usually has a value of between 5-12.000 crowns, says Søren Jensen.
While the pair has given 1775 dollars for their figure, as the from the start has had a visible scratch on the paw and thus is worth less. It took them several months to push the dealer down on the price.
the Article continues after the image...
Here we see Soren and Anne on the hunt for Schleich figurines in various thrift stores during the summer holidays last year. Photo: Søren Jensen
Expectantly ordered pair the figure home from the dealer in Germany, but when the package came to the home in Sillerslev 14. January, delivered with PostNord, they were nervous. The package was put in front of the couple's door and had several visible holes.
- It is fucking just before, I was in tears when I opened it. Pandaens bamboo was broken and stuck out of the box, I was just thinking oh no, says Søren Jensen.
and with that, the figure is now no longer intact, it has lost its value, believes Soren Jensen.
the Figure was wrapped in bubble wrap, air pockets, and two layers of extra cardboard inside the box, but nevertheless, the figure is broken and has pierced the box. When this happened is difficult to determine, but the pair is surprised to PostNord did not allow them to reject the package. It was simply put in front of the door.
the Article continues under the picture...
Here is the box, as the figure was sent in. Photo: Søren Jensen
the Package was shipped from Germany with DHL to Denmark, where PostNord has taken over. Ever since the package arrived 14. January, Søren tried to get PostNord to take care of the matter, but without result. Søren find that none of the two firms are taking responsibility.
- It is just the straw that gets it all to flow over. It is under all the criticism that they treat people like that. I have a mega bad taste in the mouth, says Søren Jensen.
It is especially PostNord, the pair is sur on.
- If the as such out as they received it from DHL, should they create a case with the same. No matter what, they must be held accountable for the damage. They must not deliver a package with big holes in them where the product is sticking out, he believes.
the Article continues under the picture...
How to look pandaen out after the arrival to the Sillerslev. Photo: Søren Jensen
Exactly the same conclusion comes PostNord suddenly even forward to, since the Extra Leaf goes into the case.
- We can see on the pictures that already when we receive the package, there are holes in the packaging, as it seems to pandafiguren may have caused. It is therefore not possible to determine whether the contents have been damaged due. poor packaging from the start, whether it's been at DHL in Germany or under our management. When we find out that the packaging is broken, had the correct procedure has been to lay package to pick up at the nearest post office, so Søren could choose, whether he would accept it or return it immediately to the German online shop. So there we have committed an error, and we can of course only apologise for, says Henrik Larsen, kundeservicechef at PostNord in Denmark.
Usually it is the dealer who has responsibility for a package once with a whole skin up to the buyer. But in this case, where PostNord therefore have committed a leveringsbrøler, they make an exception and assumes responsibility for the package.
- As the starting point are the rules such that Soren must seek compensation from the sender, i.e. at the German online store, as it is here, he has paid for both the goods and the freight. This will be the top typical contact PostNord via DHL and clarify a possibly. compensation. However, we can now understand that the web shop is not much to undertake the task, and we do not think that Søren can be earned with the long process and lack of clarification. Therefore, we have paid out compensation to him for the damaged package and we will take contact to the German online store, and DHL to get closed the case, says Henrik Larsen.
The closure is now of great excitement at the pair.
- It is really great, and we are so pleased that the Extra Magazine went into it, for otherwise there was probably never done, says Søren Jensen.
Now wait for the money from PostNord comes into the account, so the hunt for a new pandafigur can go in time.
- Now we will try to find a new figure, even though it is really difficult, for they are indeed very rare. But we don't give up so easy, says Anne Causes Jensen.