– Why do you think that ’Nikolaj and Julie’ hit the spot?
– I have children and know how a marriage and a life is. On the way, I also think that very, very many danes exactly be able to follow the one, second or third main character and relate to it.
– The hit also spot abroad, where there was an Emmy – why were the also fat here?
– it is Often the case that the actors in foreign and especially american series all look like a billion all the time. The hair is blow dried, the kids are cute. Here it was one to one, and it was truly the fly on the wall. Also with the way it was filmed and the clip. It has hit one or another in the new nordic realism.
Photo: Simon Fals/Ritzau Scanpix
59 years.Played the role of Frank in the DR's 'Nikolaj and Julie'.Known from a number of Danish films.Graduated from the acting School at Aarhus Theatre in 1991.
– What would you like best to play Frank?
– If I am to be completely honest, so he was actually a little boring in the long run. He picked always children and made coffee. It was fortunately we done something about this. He looked like much to me in the situation he was in, so I didn't have to dig really deep to cover him. But it was a pleasure to make the series. You came really get under the skin of the characters.
– How was the unity between the two of you actors?
– We had it is simply so much fun. Sofie Gråbøl (played Julie, ed.) was just so thorough and well prepared. It was us, but she went totally exceptional hardcore to the bone. It was a great pleasure, and a year and a half where the man was dense.
Photo: Ole Buntzen/Ritzau Scanpix
– Has the role had an impact on your career?
– When the series ran, it was difficult to take a S-train. It goes in waves, but it was very significant. However, it has not had effect in relation to the other DR series. Everything I have made since, have been outside of the auspices. I don't know what I have done.
– you Could imagine to create more ’Nikolaj and Julie’?
– We have amazing script writers at home in Denmark. I have never thought of it, but it is a fun idea. The audience, as we hit purely at the time, will also have evolved in a direction. It could be fun, and it is only the imagination that sets the limits.
– What are you doing now?
– Right now we are in the third prøveuge on ’Fiddler on the Roof’, which plays at The New Theatre. There is premiere 26. september, and we have finished the end of the year.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------the Three I can even li’
Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
It was perfid in a cool way. If you look at it now, you will probably think it is very slow – I have it really good with.
Photo: Else Tholstrup/DR
– I understand that it is a Danish treasure. All play like little angels.
It was fed. The hit political life behind the curtain in a fun way.