What Snowden tried to stop, has just been taken over by private companies.
It is one of the conclusions of a large interview with the world-famous whistleblower has just given to the techmediet Recode.
- Techfirmaerne have watched us in secret.
- Therefore, we could not make the resistance against the surveillance or protect us against it, says Edward Snowden, who for the past six years has had temporary asylum in Russia.
See also: Ups: the secret service got millions of data on the innocent
Quite symbolic is Snowden born just a year earlier than Mark Zuckerberg. Yet the distance between what they think about the data and privacy of the gigantic.
- Types like Mark Zuckerberg is talking very abstractly about the collection of data.
- It is just not the data that is being abused. It is the people. It's about people who are being manipulated. And we forget in the debate, believes Edward Snowden.
In the interview, which lasts almost two hours, recognizing the former efterretningsmand that technology can indeed benefit the world. But not in the way that Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg trying to do it.
- Facebook has access to everything. Google has access to everything.
- Unlike the authorities, who are constrained by laws, when it comes to private data, then, can companies gather together the things that they want, says Edward Snowden, who believe that Facebook is thus worse than the spies in the NSA, which he in his time revealed for mass surveillance.
- We have no laws for how the software may be used in the UNITED states. This is why all apps so fundamentally insecure. We do not have any penal code, even though the databases contain so much knowledge about even the most innocent life, that you can easily destroy them.
See also: the UNITED states the plaintiff Edward Snowden
Snowden suggests, therefore, that limiting the collection of data significantly. When it comes to both the types of data that must be collected. And how long, for example, Facebook can keep them.
Snowden warns against buying the idea that if you haven't done anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide.
- Privacy is available to protect you against powerful systems, no matter what you are doing.
- But if you need to prove that you are not different or abnormal, what is the purpose then of having a human right? Rights are, after all, to protect minorities against the majority, he believes.
Hillary chasing Mark
The former u.s. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton believes that it must have personal consequences for Mark Zuckerberg, what he has done to democracy’.
She is highly critical of that Facebook allows politicians allowed to lie.