three weeks ago discovered the hair and make-up artist Dennis Knudsen something peculiar.
A banana, which had been purchased on the local market for a few dollars and then fixed to the wall with tape, was sold for nothing less than 810.000 dollars at a gallery in Miami, USA.
Danish well-known - 10. dec. 2019 - at. 06:36, Dennis Knudsen about her friend: - Henriette died too early
The so-called work of art was Dennis Knudsen to respond quickly.
- I thought 'It's fucking too banal, it there'. Shut up, how is it ridiculous to call it art. If you can sell a banana for so much money, so it should damn not be a problem for me, tells Dennis Knudsen to Ekstra Bladet.
He made the art for and framed a banana to put it on auction on Instagram.
Show this posting on Instagram
I have often been called an artist, so now I start in earnest my works , 1 work can be your , “living banana in the glass and the frame “the Action starts is now the highest tender , the action ends when the work is ripe and filled with banana flies , the entire amount is given to children in poor countries . Go weekend Hugs Dennis #art #artwork #artist #mywoork #banners #denmark #dennisknudsenprivate
- If the current trend is that there is money in the banana, so I would like to be with. I have chosen to donate the money to a charitable purpose. If I can feed a lot of hungry børnemunde in Africa, so do I like it, tells Dennis Knudsen and informs that he has not yet decided which organization should have the money.
He imagines, however, that it will be the Red Cross.
- There is something interesting to take steppet on, and the very idea of 'Buy bananas'. I think the fact that it is quite beautiful, says Dennis Knudsen on the banana.
Banana, that before long was infested by fruit flies, was sold to an artist, Martin R. Brachér, who commanded 2500 crowns.
- I don't know him already, but he has been in the past and downloaded it. He seems though, that it's a fun idea, and he may also sell the further, says Dennis Knudsen.
See also: Homeless celebs: See the year's biggest home sales
He has deliberately called the banana 'a work' to manifest themselves as an artist. A title, Dennis Knudsen is not pale of to use.
- Now I am the hairdresser and makeup artist, and it is also a kind of arts and crafts. I live the of the kind. Therefore, it also makes sense to put it in a quite general framework and call it art. It helps to emphasise the point, he says.
Ekstra Bladet has tried to get a comment from the artist Martin R. Brachér, who bought Dennis Knudsen banana, but he has not yet returned to our requests.