Åge Hareide will be replaced by Kasper Hjulmand as coach for the Danish national football team after next year's european championship.
Dansk Boldspil-Union (DBU) decision to stop the cooperation with Hareide wonder why the previous landsholdsmålmand Peter Schmeichel, who would rather had seen an extension with the Norwegian.
He believes that the national team makes it excellent during Hareides management.
- Next year will be the national team thrown out of something, which we do not know what is, says Peter Schmeichel to Politiken.
- Overall, I find it hard to understand that you want something else, as has been said. The results are the most important thing in football, and they are good.
- What direction it is, we shall in the following Åge? I know it is not. And Hjulmand is not at all internationally experienced, says målmandslegenden to the newspaper.
Hareide stop after the EM, in the summer, where Denmark should preferably qualify. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
the 55-year-old Schmeichel, who in 1992 helped to secure the Denmark european championship gold in Sweden, believes that Hjulmand can ports in a precarious situation, if Åge Hareide can achieve good results in his last time as national coach.
- Hjulmand must win, win, and if you have limited experience of international football and a real fodboldfilosofi, it can be difficult to combine with to produce good results.
- I do not think there is any reason to change something that's not broken, says Peter Schmeichel.
Kasper Hjulmand is ready to take over. Photo: Olivia Loftlund
The former goalkeeper still has a bit of connection to the national team, when his son, Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel, in Hareides reign has kept the Danish goal.
Hareides upcoming successor, Kasper Hjulmand, has most recently been the coach of FC Nordsjælland, where he stopped in the spring. In 2012, he led the FCN forward to the club's first Danish championship.
in addition to FCN has Hjulmand has been a trainer in Lyngby and had a short stay in the German Mainz from 2014 to 2015.
In the summer it was announced that the 47-year-old Hjulmand after next year's european championship takes over the team, and get Morten the previous winter as an assistant.
Sports and Games Time in the axe: It happens in Brøndby for January
See also: Convicted for threats to the woman: You end up in a coffin
Other sport - 9. nov. 2019 - at. 08:34 Got banned for life for baring: Now get the VIP treatment
Sports and Games BIG gallery: 17 Stars without clothes