Two protected birds of prey have been poisoned by the illegal neurotoxin carbofuran.
It informs the environmental protection Agency, which now has reported the case to the South Jutland Police.
It was 22. november 2019, a citizen found a dead buzzard and a dead duehøg in a wooded area near Schackenborg Castle in the Barrels.
the Birds were in fine condition, so they were submitted to further examination at technical university of denmark.
Now the results come, and they show that the birds had been poisoned.
the Biologist Knud Flensted, the Danish Ornithological Association (DOF), regret over their sad fate.
- It is really worrying that we again and again find poisoned birds of prey in the Danish nature. It must soon stop, " he says.
There has since 2008 been more than 27 cases of birds of prey that have been poisoned.
In march 2018 was a white-tailed eagle poisoned by carbofuran and found dead in a field near Juelsminde in eastern Jutland.
In 2015, the dead a whole tårnfalkefamilie on the island of the same neurotoxin.
- We are trying to make the point that the rovfuglene is important and must be protected. It is fortunately also many who do - both hunters and forest owners.
- But unfortunately we see frequently cases of poisonings, says Knud Flensted.
the President of the Danish Jægerforbund call the recent cases of poisoned birds of prey for "shameful".
- That render some people around in our nature, which is totally indifferent with the law and general morality and proper behavior, says Claus Lind Christensen to the federation's website.
He has called for tougher penalties for the so-called faunaforbrydelser against protected animals.
- Penalties for faunaforbrydelser in Denmark is quite mild. Often there are very small fines. And when the penalties are not stringent, then it damages not only the legal security of the population.
- It is also an unfortunate signal to the police that the grove faunaforbrydelser are serious crimes that need extensive investigation, says Claus Lind Christensen.
He will now take the contact to the minister of the environment Lea Wermelin (S) to discuss the case.
Knud Flensted share the desire for stronger penalties in this area.
- If we could come up at a level that matches, for example, Germany, great Britain and Spain, would it really be a step forward, he says.
Carbofuran has been banned in the EU since 2008.
the Venom, that blocks the nervous system, was previously used to combat pests in fields of maize, turnips and root vegetables.