MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): - I'm proud of the way I handled things today.
Caroline She remark was the last in her press conference, but it could just as well have been the first.
For the question that most pressed themselves on, was how she mentally dealt with the particular situation, that she had gone out to a battle that could be his last.
Now extended the she so his career with at least some of the days after today's victory in her afskedsturnering, the Australian Open, over american Kristie Ahn with the persuasive digits 6-1, 6-3.
- I was a little nervous before the match, because I so wanted to win and move on and get even a struggle, she recognized.
- There are always nerves in the first match, but there was in particular this time. You lose, then there is usually a new battle next week.
Photo: David Gray/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
She got off to a perfect start with a fast break against his storsatsende and storfejlende opponent.
- I think, that the nerves disappeared a bit since I first got started, and I had it real fine on the track, said Caroline Wozniacki.
- But she played a game of tennis, which was not particularly comfortable for me. So she beat some winners, and then she beat some mistakes, then there came a slow ball, and then came a quick.
- It was very urytmisk, so it was a struggle, I just had to go through. It just had to be won in one way or another, explained the winner, who in the middle of the second set was losing a little momentum.
Then followed a short break when the rain set in, and the roof had to be rolled over the Melbourne Arena. The post was 4-3, 15-15 in the Danish serv.
- It was really nice, but there was little rain, so I got time to just think things through and think of what I would like to do.
- So I made some good server and came through the party and then it was just about in the last batch to put some good returns in play and give her the extra ball, was the successful Caroline-recipe.
Photo: David Gray/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
- I've actually trained a lot with the roof in the last week, so I felt very comfortable with, that it was rolled on. There, I knew that I probably had a slight advantage, she explained and delivered so a little geek-comment on the new indoor-conditions:
- the Game gets slightly faster, and then suddenly the bit of wind there was. And then it's just a good sound. You feel that you hit the ball a little better.
Satisfied Caroline Wozniacki: I get a little passive in the second set, but I will fight through. Video: Discovery Networks Denmark
the kingdom of necessity slightly nervous victory gives her hopefully allowed to spillemæssigt to fold in more in the sequel, she feels, for the basic shape is fine.
- I think I'm really good playing to the training, and so it's just about getting a good night's rest in between. Now I'm far from the first match.
- It is clear that I like will so far as possible, but in the end, I will just give it everything I have, and then I will be proud, regardless of how it ends. Can I win the tournament it would be the perfect way to finish of on, said it with the smile.
She meets Wednesday the winner of the showdown between the slovenian qualifier, Kaja Juvan and the oncoming ukrainer, Dayana Yastremska.
See also: Caroline live yet: Turns the american
See also: Frolicsome Piotr: Six games remaining
Tennis - 19. jan. 2020 - pm. 21:53 Exclusive interview with caroline's parents: the Pride and the needWhat the experts have to say about Caroline She the first battle, and how does the rest of the tournament out for her? Get the whole nedtakten from the fight against Kristine Ahn here. Video: Discovery Networks Denmark.