ODENSE, denmark (Ekstra Bladet): She won twice the OLYMPIC gold in 2000 and 2004 and was the european champion in superior style at home in Aarhus in 2002. With Jan Activities as a trainer!
Now 41-year-old Karen Brødsgaard stand on its own feet, after the man who fetched her to Odense as assistant, Monday was fired on advokatgråt Odense-paper.
- There is no doubt that I am følelsesramt today. I have worked so many years together with Jan, and we have been a great team. The club has taken a choice, well that's how it is in our industry. I have also said to Jan, to Kristian Danielsen and I am going to stand for it the same as in the past, says Karen Brødsgaard on the clean håndboldfaglige.
in return, can the firing might shake up in a hit spillertrup.
- Maybe there will be something new out of this situation, and we obviously hope we can build up among the girls, says Karen Brødsgaard.
the Club believes that this may be the solution, and we can't do much about. And Jan is with on the. It is also His own decision, " she stresses.
Have you allowed the tears to run?
- I will say that I have gone a really long trip, where the ideas flew around. It takes probably just a few days to get it to sit. Kristian and I must find our roles.
Karen Brødsgaard was not exactly in the jubelhumør on a sad day in Odense. Photo: Tim K. Jensen/Ritzau Scanpix
Karen Brødsgaard was not the big talent. It says she even. But she was a fighter and a winner that also garnered five CHAMPIONSHIPS-gold medals with Viborg. If the power of example can be anything, and may she be an inspiration for Stine Jørgensen and Co.
As a trainer, she has even tried fyresedlen in the drain plug Aalborg EH, and so she has indeed, be herretræner in Sweden – assistant in alingsås municipal council and the head coach of the club's andethold in the second best Swedish league.
Can you explain why the players – for example, Stine Jørgensen – not working, for the moment?
- If I had the key, so I had used it. I do not have the solutions. But it continues to be the case that those who coach the best player. We will with. We will also work with the same things in defense. We're not going to change a lot of things. It's all about being stable and about to venture and to dare, says Karen Brødsgaard.
She was only informed a few hours before the official announcement was lampet out at the press conference at the law firm in Odense city centre.
- I got a little time for reflection. I support always my coach up, and because of that this is His own decision, so I support it. I have spoken with him on the telephone. He stands behind this decision, stresses Karen Brødsgaard.
- I have a good friendship with Jan, so therefore hit me deep.
She points out that even a maria finals of the national team may have hit harder than you think.
- There have been many rides at the players who have been away in december. You win, lose, win and lose and come home to klubholdet, and you have to find each other again.
- We need to find out what it is that is not working. We must have found the keys, so we avoid to sail up and down all the time. We are skilled håndboldspillere, but our bottom level up. It is what it is all about, she says.
the BLUE BOOK: Jan Activities
Jan Activities are done as the head coach in Odense, denmark Handball, which on Sunday lost pokalfinalen to rival the Herning-Ikast. Read more about Jan Activities here:
Name: Jan Activities.
Born: 5. June 1967 (52 years).
Residence: Thurø by, Svendborg.
Active career: Stopped already as a 19-year-old because of a shoulder injury.
1991-1995: GOG (women).
1995-1997: Team Esbjerg (men).
1997-1998: GOG (men).
1998-2005: women's team.
2006-march 2007: GOG (women).
2007 to december 2014: women's team.
2015-2016: Consultant for WHC Vardar Skopje.
2016-2019: head Coach at HC Odense (current Odense, Handball).
Merits with the national team:
OLYMPICS: Gold in 2000 and 2004.
european championship: Gold in 2002, silver in 1998 and 2004.
the WORLD championship: Bronze in 2013.Show more Close
See also: Agree, in their own firing
See also: Activities fired after pokalfiasko