As the Left sat on the throne made the party a law, in order for Denmark to be able to say ' no ' to Nord Stream 2's application to lead its gas pipeline through Danish waters.
But since then, the Nord Stream 2 that should bring Russian gas to Europe via the Baltic sea, changed its route, so it only goes over the Danish continental shelf southeast of the island of Bornholm. Therefore, Denmark has not been able to say no and have approved the application.
- It has been impossible for Denmark to say no, when the application was outside Danish territorial waters.
- We have only been able to assess whether it had environmental consequences, and it has therefore not had, say udenrigsordfører for the Left Michael an entrepreneurial environment Jensen.
He does not, however, hide the fact that the Left would have been the Nord Stream 2 addition.
- It is no secret that we in the Left are and have been extremely skeptical of the Nord Stream 2.
- We are nervous about what the consequences are - not least for our eastern european friends. For example, Ukraine or the baltic countries. Not least because we know that Russia is using gas as a political weapon. It has far-reaching consequences, says Michael an entrepreneurial environment Jensen.
the Situation of the Nord Stream 2 has lasted several years. The gas pipeline is a festering political issue, as Germany and Russia want it.
But among other things, the UNITED states and the Baltic states are very much against, as it fears that it will increase Europe's dependence on Russian gas, and will make it possible for Russia to push eastern european countries by cutting them off from the gas.
in contrast, the gas pipeline could provide energy to millions of europeans and will be able to replace some of the very svinende coal, which Germany produces.
- It is important to stick to Germany will now be dependent on gas for the next many years. Gas is better than coal, but after all, we would like to away from both, says Michael an entrepreneurial environment Jensen.