on Tuesday evening the phone rang at the home of Keith and Heidi Braithwaite. It was a day after that for the first time they had heard the rumor that their son was on his way to sign a contract with the mighty FC Barcelona.
It was Martin who called, and he said basically just that, yes, there was something to it, says Heidi Braithwaite with a laugh.
on Thursday she got along with the rest of the world the final confirmation that Martin Braithwaite goes in the legends Michael Laudrups and Allan Simonsen's footsteps in one of the world's biggest clubs.
- It's been a little crazy the past few days. We are simply so happy on his behalf. Everything he has believed in and worked on, becomes reality now.
- It is fantastic. He has always had a dream to reach the top, and it is so what he has achieved in the day, says Heidi Braithwaite.
- We are just so incredibly proud of him, but the that fills the the most is the joy on his behalf. He work hard every day to be better, and now he gets the reward.
- One or else he must have done right, next to Barcelona's coach have the desire to have him in his team, says Heidi Braithwaite.
in the Midst of the joy at home in Esbjerg, where the roaring enthusiasm in the region pinches itself in through any crack in the form of congratulations, nager also an irritation that the media also has negative headlines about the Braithwaites switch.
the Family Braithwaite is the proud home of Esbjerg. Photo: Anders Brohus
Skeptics and critics will also have enough space and determines that Braithwaite is just a stop-gap, and that his time in Barcelona is short.
- There can be many opinions about it here, but there was probably also a part of other players, such as Barcelona could have chosen, says Heidi Braithwaite, who feel convinced that there is someone who just randomly offered a contract with FC Barcelona for four and a half years.
- I really can't understand that you can not just be pleased that a Danish player has success. It speaks for itself that a player gets a contract in Barcelona, says Heidi Braithwaite, who once in a while completely lose momentum when the bare facts suddenly clear to her.
- We'd like to see him in the shirt, before we can really believe it. So is it there! Only then penetrates it completely, I think.
- It is quite indescribable, it is here, says Heidi Braithwaite, who first heard the rumor about Barcelona via a good friend on Monday night.
Photo: Anders Brohus
on Tuesday, she sent a text to his son, with the wording: ‘Huh’ then? Are you going to Barcelona?’ The she got no answer, but she knew that of course she would get the message, when the time was right, she says. It was Tuesday night.
- therefore, It was a little funny, because when it came out some weeks ago, Barcelona was in need of a versatile attacking, so I said to my husband that it was Martin, he stood and was missing, says Heidi Braithwaite.
And it was so. We have laughed a part of. Now, then, shall we see if we all can work together to take down there next weekend and see some football.
See also: messi's new teammate: My kids have a party in school
Spanish football - 20. feb. 2020 - pm. 20:25 Barcelona-president: Braithwaite bought for the future
See also: Police in comical gaffe after the FCK-match