Copenhagen Police called, on Tuesday two men in a case concerning serious acts of violence committed during the War in the Inner City of Copenhagen 27. april at 03.00 last year.
the Men were called for with overvågningsbilleder from that night, and already Wednesday - just one day after it succeeded through the inquiries of the police to arrest the two suspects men, respectively 20 and 22 years old.
But why would it go so long, before the Police chose to use overvågningsbillederne in public, when you have been inside with them for more than nine months?
According to Jesper Beuschel, there is vicepoliti-inspector in department of local crime with Police, it is a very good question.
- It is deeply regrettable that we have not is faster. Last year we were not present at the level we would like - we have not had the resources. But now we have been provided with extra resources and get through many cases, says Jesper Beuschel for TV 2 Lorry.
He says, that there has been great focus on, that there was satisfaction with the proceedings.
the First October 2019 was added more resources, and since then has treated 1,000 of accumulated cases and 3,000 new.
- We have the evidence lying around, so we can take the cases up when we get there, and I'm happy that we still manage to unravel them, despite the fact that some time has passed. We don't know, when we get to the bottom – but we produce the very much – and it will go faster now, for we have a huge focus on it here, says Jesper Beuschel.
In the concrete deadliest single targeted killing attacked the perpetrators are four people. One of the victims was struck in the head with a glass bottle, while another person was stabbed in the thigh with the bottle.
Jesper Beuschel says to TV 2 Lorry, that here we quite quickly got secured all the overvågningsmateriale, which was relevant for the police.
- So there we have all the evidence we need. We make the sporsikring, there must be, and so you can work with the tracks as you come to it.
- We would very much like to be able to handle all cases here and now, but it is especially the last year not really been possible, and therefore we have the situation that we quietly comes after it. It confirms the production, we have since 1. October, with the number who smoke through, says Jesper Beuschel.
it is not a priority in cases, depending on how obvious they are to solve?
- We need to relate to the seriousness of it, we are sitting with, and then we look at what the possibilities are in order to obtain tracks. Go who something lost, we need to respond. A very thorough visitation of, what it is for a case that comes in, contribute to, whether we are attacking it one way or the other.
Then the concrete deadliest single targeted killing has to be let lie in relation to the sporsikringen?
- part of the sporsikringen here was overvågningsbilleder, and they vanish not. We prefer to treat all cases, we cannot, and so we must relate to what is necessary to do, for our opportunities are not lost. But since 1. October we have opted 2300 persons for personfarlig crime, and it characterizes the fact that there is some resources for this area have been relatively low, says Jesper Beuschel.
3. October last year, told TV 2 Lorry, how the police trade union sounded the alarm, because galore of the perpetrators went free, because the investigators had not time to take care of the cases.
Then acknowledged the police management that the problems were massive, and called the situation unsatisfactory and serious.
- I am certainly not satisfied with the situation as it is now, and with the processing times we have. Especially not on the scale of the challenge area and on the personfarlige crime, said police commissioner of the Copenhagen Police, Anne Tønnes, to TV 2 Lorry.